Into the Mystica

"So, what do you guys do when I'm not there?" Fredrika frowned. Elsie shifted in her seat, "Oh, um... not much. You know, hang out, chat , do work, and, er, stuff like that." She was never a very good liar, and lying to Fredrika? Elsie never thought she would have to. "Riiiight," Fredrika furrowed her brow, "Can I hang out with you, this time?" Elsie panicked and her irrational part took over, "Yeah, sure. You know what? I'll even give you a tour of the dorm!" She mentally kicked herself. "OK, thanks. And, um, why give me a tour when we've lived there for years? You know, er, just wondering."

"Uh, changes!"

"Changes?"

"Yup,"

"Like what...I mean if it's a surprise, then you don't have to tell me...but you know..."

"Um, yeah. It's a surprise... er...yay."

"Oh, OK. See you."

Elsie waved goodbye to Fredrika. As soon as she was out of sight, she ran off to find Tara. On the way, she was (in her head) screaming at how stupid that was. Seriously? She thought, "I'll give you a tour of the place you live in!" That's the best you can do? She skidded to a halt as she saw Tara pass by, probably on her way to a class. "Tara, come here for a sec!" Elsie panted. Tara skipped over, "Yeah? What's up?" "I need you to pretend to be sick so you can skip class to help me." "Why?" "Just tell your teacher you need to go to the nurse and meet me back here. I'll explain on the way to the dorm".

"So you said we gave the dorm a makeover?"

"I never said it was a makeover"

"Well, that's what it sounded like."

"Never mind, we just need to do something that'll impress Fredrika ."

"But what? Paper chains only go so far..."

Elsie and Tara paced the room, trying to come up with ideas.

"We can bomb the room with colour powder"

"Tara, I'm pretty sure the janitors won't like that."

"Too true, too true.."

"Hey, I can use my powers to create an illusion!"

"Brilliant! That'll be awesome! This is gonna be the best illusion you've ever done!"

Elsie turned red. She looked up at Tara, "Well, you see, I've never really done illusion magic before."  Tara blinked, "Well, now you can try!" She looked up at the clock, "Ah! Fredrika's gonna get back in 10 minutes!"

5 minutes later, the dorm was shimmering with magic. Tara watched in awe as the plain room transformed into a lush garden. The floor was soon covered in soft green grass, and flowers bloomed everywhere. Elsie collapsed on her bed as soon as she was done. "Hey, that's what I forgot!" Tara exclaimed. "What?" "You're a Mystacain" Elsie frowned, "Um, I'm not Mexican" Tara giggled, "No, not Mexican, Mystacain" "And what's that, a disease?", Elsie smirked. "No, that's what people who manipulate the Mysica are called. The Mystica is what connects everything in the universe. It's the blood of the world, and some people-like you- are able to control it." At that moment, Fredrika walked in and gasped, "It's amazing!"