Secrets

"My only memory that isn't of the Academy is me as a 5 year-old girl. I was walking... through a town, I think. For some reason, I was alone. Back then, I had no idea having magic was unusual; for me, it was just fun. Anyway, I was walking and using my magic when an old lady came out of her house and spotted me. Her eyes grew wide and she shrieked. 'Devil child!', she said and threw a newspaper at me. It missed, but that gave me a shock. I didn't know why she was upset, so for a while, I just thought she was off her rocker." Elsie told Tara, both on her bed. Tara was sure that her friends eyes were tearing up, but she didn't say anything. "Then," she continued, "one day, I was making hoops fly across the gym when a teacher walked in. One of the hoops hit his head and he looked over at me. The hit must've addled his brains, because he didn't say anything, but the next day, he resigned." 

At this point, both girls were crying silently, but for different reasons. "And now I am terrified to use magic," Elsie whispered in a tiny voice. "Oh, Elsie," Tara gave her a watery smile, "In my town it was the same. Some people thought it was amazing. Some thought it was horrible. Actually, most people thought it was horrible. Even then, my motto still remains ; if you are born with a power- no matter how big or small- you were born with it for a reason. Don't be ashamed, tools are to be used, and so are talents. Embrace the magic!"

- Hey! If you have read up to this point, thank you so much! Being new to Wattpad means I'm not at 100 views right away, so just you reading this means so much! I mean, 17 views is amazing!

-Lshanny-

Update:

Now,it's 83 and I'm over the moon!

Thx

-Lshanny-