Sector 4

Elsie and Fredrika showed Tara around the school that morning. In the afternoon, just as Fredrika was dashing of to the gym(she was an acrobat/gymnast), Tara pulled out her timetable and asked Elsie to show her where Sector 4 was, and her mental train skidded to a halt. "You're a Magic?", she yelped, causing a few students passing to stare, "What's your power?" "Well,", Tara frowned, " Number one; I don't really know what that means. Number 2; yeah, I guess, and number 3; I levitate objects.", she replied.

Elsie made her way to the main performance class. This was taught by Mr. Haze. He was a bright, young man who taught most of the performer students. His class was all about how to perform in front of an audience. Elsie let her mind wander as the class settled down. She thought about her earliest memory of Mystycus, when her secret didn't feel like a heavy weight on her shoulders, when the purple smoke that surrounded her during shows would dance about her dormitory when she was alone, when she, Elsie Jenson, could use magic.

When Tara got back to the dorm, she found her new friend sitting on her bed, eyes red and long, dark curls of hair hanging at her waist. Elsie had her hands cupped in front of her face, concentrating hard and muttering things like "Come on, hurry up!" and "Being a witch shouldn't be that hard". Every once and a while, Tara thought she saw faint wisps of smoke forming at her fingertips. A little shy, she asked, "Um, hope I'm not intruding, but what exactly is going on?". Elsie jumped, startled  by Tara's presence. "Oh, yeah. Er... this is...I'm just...well, you see...", she stuttered. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "Come here," she said in a surprisingly calm voice, "I have a lot to tell you."