I was so happy that my dad was here with me. Having Lauren and Ty here was stressing me out to no end. The last thing I wanted was to actually see them together in person; I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle it.

Outside of the fact that Ty was there, what was really making me anxious was that I had to perform in front of the green eyed girl; and it wasn't just any performance. It was fucking consequences. It was so weird to think about singing a heartbreak anthem to my own girlfriend. I didn't want her to start feeling guilty again.

I tried to push all of the negative thoughts away as my father and I started to make our way towards the carpet, clutching his arm tightly. Tonight was about to be extremely eventful, for so many reasons I couldn't even foresee yet.

..............................................................

4:45 P.M.

Lauren

Ty and I had made it through a few interviews without a scratch. In fact, his behavior was actually so impressive to me. He was being extremely kind, being sure to shed light on me even when the interviewers were only asking him things about himself. I was so grateful for his new attitude. Maybe we did have a shot at being ok.

"Hey." I said once we were reaching the end of the carpet, giving his hand a squeeze.

"Hi." he returned, immediately stopping us and turning to face me.

Ty wasted no time in putting his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him. I immediately ducked my head down onto his chest and tried to keep my composure as we started to hug.

"What are you doing?" I whispered, refusing to look him in the eye out of fear of what I would find there.

"I thought you were trying to kiss me." he said softly.

"Ty...what the fuck gave you that impression?"

"I don't know. You squeezed my hand and started slowing down."

"So?"

"So I thought we were giving the cameras a little show."

"Well, I guess we are now. Now that it looks like we're fucking slow dancing in the middle of the red carpet."

"Don't you do this at every event?"

I couldn't help but giggle into his shoulder before finally looking up at him. We stared at each other for a few seconds, light smirks present on our faces.

"Thanks." I finally said.

"For?" he asked.

"Just...everything you're doing. You're being really fucking great about this. I hope you know that."

"Oh, yeah, I know." he teased, smiling down at me.

"Shut up. I'm serious. This is why I was trying to stop you, dummy. I just wanted to say thanks."

"How about you thank me with a kiss?"

"Ty." I warned.

"We gotta sell it, Lo."

"We're selling it just fine."

"But you're not going to stop me in front of all of these people, are you?"

With that, he leaned forward and pressed his lips up against mine before I even had time to argue any further. He was right. I couldn't make a big show about this now, and we both knew it. God, so much for being ok. Now, I was fucking pissed at him.