Wait For Me, Please

LEO

Everyone was loading everything into the ship. When everything was ready it was noon and we had to leave. We said goodbye to Chiron and the others an we jumped onto the ship.

" Alright everyone! Percy! Lower the ropes and raise the sails! Jason! We are traveling by air so do your magic thingy. Hazel and Annabeth load the weapons and armor into the armory. The room is close to the stables, I gave the Argo II an update. Frank place the greek fire, very carefully, in the stables. Piper try to see some of that voo-doo thingy-majig that you do with your knife. Piper, and Jason and I will take the first night watch. If you're done with what I assigned you then you can put your stuff in the bunkers." I instructed.

Everyone scarmpered off doing what I asked. I swiftly moved over to Festus.

" Hey buddy, can you lead us to Mount Othrys? You can have some oil if you want." Festus creaked, signaling that he would try his best to lead us there and that he would warn me about any danger coming ahead. And that he would like some oil.

***

The sun was setting and everyone was eating dinner. I was alone... again. But this time I wanted to be alone. A tear fell down my right eye and rolled down my cheek.

Are you serious?! I meet her on an island that she could never escape from. I fell in love with her and she returned my feelings but I had to leave her there... all alone. I make her wait 7 months before I finally rescue her. I spend a day and a half before with her before she is taken away from me-again. Gods, if we were just normal people then none of this would of happen. If we were just normal, I thought as more tears fell down my eyes. My vision became blurry, do to the tears, so I turned on the auto-pilot switch.

I sat down on the floor of the deck, letting all of my tears fall. I was whimpering, sobbing. The same thought was running through my head over and over again : This world is messed up! This world is cruel and unfair! Haven't I done enough to deserve something good for once?! The gods are never satisfied with what they get, now do they?! They just abuse there power for misery and curse! This world is so unfair and wrong!

I quickly stood up and wiped my eyes with my sleeve when I heard footsteps. I turned off the auto-pilot and continued to guide the ship like nothing was wrong, when in the contrary, my world was upside down. I was no longer bathed in happiness, but in sorrow and anger.

Piper walked up to me and with a worried expression. Jason was right behind her, copying her face.

" Leo? Are you okay?" Piper asked, her voice soft and concerned.

" I'm fine." I would have faked a smile but I don't even feel like doing that now. My eyes weren't moving from the path straight ahead of me. Piper noticed this and switched on the auto-pilot. I turned it off, she turned it on.I was about to turn it off again when she grabbed my wrist and moved me to my left, forcing me to face her.

My face quivered and my eyes became extremely watery to the point when all I could see was blurry figures. She hugged me and I hugged her back, crying on her shoulder. I waved my hand, signaling Jason to come join our hug. He came and gave us a big hug with a light squeeze.

" Thank you guys." I sniffed and wipped my eyes.

" We're your best friends, we're here for you. You know that and you better not forget it." Jason said, showing off his big, shining smile. Piper mimicked him.

" Thank you guys again but I would like to be alone for a while. So if you don't mind?" I asked.

" Yeah, sure. We will come back later at night so you can get some rest, ok?" Piper answered as she reached my shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze. I nodded at her question and she walked away holding Jason's hand.

I kept thinking the same thing over and over again. The more times I repeated it the more courage I got. I will rescue you, just wait for me, please.