Chapter Eight

I apologize for the short chapter last time! I was super busy with a lot of school things. We are getting close to the end of the pre-written section. The schedule of us posting might change over the next few weeks based on how fast we can write. Thanks for reading everyone and enjoy Chapter Eight!!

~*time skip*~

        Aurey awoke to shouts and the sound of zombies being attacked. Quickly, she reached over and grabbed Vech’s sword that was laying on top of the furnace. The fire had died down and she was shivering. Looking over at the still unconscious Vechs, she felt a wave of despair crash over her. Putting her hand on his forehead, Aurey could feel that Vechs had developed a fever. Biting her lip, Aurey staggered out to the front of the base near the trapdoor that led to the outside. The shouts were much louder as well as the zombie groans.

        “Pause! Hurry! We have to get Jsano inside!” She heard Beef yell desperately. Aurey then heard Pause cry out in pain. Gripping the sword tightly, she burst out of the base. The moon show clearly in the sky, illuminating the four Mindcrackers, surrounded by a zombie horde. Blood pooled in spots here and there all around the clearing, but Aurey couldn’t tell who it belonged to. She dashed over to where Jsano lay, and tried to drag him to the trapdoor. Pause had collapsed a little further away, Beef was standing over him trying to keep the zombies at bay along with Guude. Beef had lost one of his cleavers, and was clutching his side. He caught Aurey’s horrified gaze.

        “Aurey! Get Jsano inside! I can hold them off till you get back!” Beef shouted.

        “We got it!” Guude yelled.

        “No! I can’t leave you four out here! You’ll get overrun,” Aurey cried. Jsano stirred at her feet, “Jsano, please get up!” she begged, “Pause and Beef are in trouble!” Aurey whipped her head around at the sound of the trapdoor opening. Vechs staggered out, wielding his back-up sword. It looked like it had been heavily enchanted. “Vechs! What are you doing out here? You are in no condition to fight, hurry and get back inside!”

        “I’m fine Aurey, hurry up and get Jsano inside, I’ll help Guude, Pause and Beef,” he winced, faltering slightly. Blood was seeping through his bandages.

        “No Vechs, you’re bleeding again!” Aurey cried, tears welling at the corners of her eyes.

        “Aurey hurry! I’ll be right down after I help Pause, Guude and Beef,” Vechs said through clenched teeth. He was using his sword like a cane, limping toward where Beef, Guude, and Pause were. Through her tears, she could see him slicing through the first zombie, slowly, but steadily making his way toward the other three Mindcrackers. Blinking furiously, she dragged Jsano to the trapdoor and pushed him inside. Aurey winced as he hit the ground below with a muted thud. She hauled him further into the base and hastily wrapped his wounds. Aurey sighed with relief as the bleeding slowed. Standing up, she grabbed Vech’s sword again and ran back to the trapdoor. Slamming it open, Aurey jumped up to the surface.

        She was greeted with a horrifying sight. Vechs, Guude, and Beef were covered in blood, but slashing at the relentless tide of zombies, their blows were getting slower and weaker. Pause was awake, but couldn’t get up. From his sitting position, he tried to shoot the zombies with his bow, but couldn’t pull back the bowstring far enough. Aurey screamed as a zombie hit Vechs in the chest, sending him flying backwards. He hit a tree and slumped to the ground, not getting up again. She ran over to him,  decapitating a couple zombies that jumped into her path. Her blood was pounding and her head spinning as she supported Vechs, blood flowing from various wounds and unmoving under her touch.

        “Vechs! Vechs! Wake up Vechs!” She screamed, tears pouring down her face. Standing up, she looked around. Beef was still slashing at the horde, but he was on the verge of collapsing. Guude lay motionless on the ground. Once Beef went down, Pause would be killed. Aurey  wiped her tears away. Determination replacing her fear. I have to get Vechs to safety. Then I have to help Beef and Pause, I’m the only one who can help them now. I’m done crying. Grasping the sword, Aurey quickly, but carefully dragged Vechs back to the trapdoor, into his base. Laying him next to Jsano, she determinedly marched outside again. Effortlessly, she cut through the first zombie and spun around to slice through another one. Aurey was a killing machine, stabbing and slicing the zombie horde to piles of rotten flesh, blood pouring from gaping holes in the zombies’ flesh. She was a blur cutting down the zombies one after another. Her sword was a deadly arc of pure destruction. Stabbing her sword into the chest of the last zombie, it fell to the ground. The clearing was full of blood, the scent of it choking Aurey. She stumbled over the bodies, making her way to Pause and Beef. What she saw horrified her, Guude was doubled over Beef, except he had turned slightly green and was making strange sounds.

        “Uhhh, Guude, are you alright?” Aurey questioned, slowly approaching Guude.

        Guude suddenly lunged, ripping and tearing a huge wound in Beef’s neck.

        “Beef!” Aurey yelled, tackling Guude to the ground. Guude groaned in protest, flailing his arms about and scratching Aurey.

        “No…..Why?” Aurey said, staring down at the zombified Guude. He was trying to tear at Aurey, having lost all sanity and sense. Closing her eyes, she pulled up Vech’s sword and brought it down on Guude’s head.

        “I’m sorry, Guude. I didn’t want to do this,” Aurey whispered, getting off of the truly dead corpse of her friend. Putting her attention back on the other two, she solemnly trudged over to them, dragging the other two inside to get bandaged up.

Alrighty that's it for todays Chapter Eight. Hope you enjoyed minna~ comment~vote~eat cheese thanks for reading!!

ericaaaa