33

Amelia pants as she presses her body against the wall. Her breath comes out in smokes, she grips her dogtags. She pulls her hood up and hides in the dark alley. She has been running during the last three days. She made the mistake of walking around with Frida twice, now she transforms Frida into an object and lets her out when she finds a place to dwell. The Slaters have been persistent with her hunt. They have hired a professional. Amelia has wanted to ask help from the Ministry, but the Slaters are a powerful family and who knows who they control. She only has to manage to stay hidden for four more days, until she returns to Hogwarts. 

"Amelia... where are you?" The man says while pausing in front of the opening of the alley. Amelia looks at him as he stretches his arms wide open while staring at the sky. The rain falls down on his face while he smiles. If it wasn't for the situation, Amelia would have found the sight beautiful. Suddenly the man looks at the alley, staring directly at Amelia's eyes. 

"There you are." The man says with a smirk. Amelia sighs in disbelief. She steps into the light, the rain drenching her. She would have had apparated away, but he put a jinx in the perimeter. 

"Here I am." Amelia says while stepping into the street where he stands. 

"Are the Slaters paying good, Ivan?" Amelia asks as she pulls down her hood and drops her bag at her side. The man cracks his knuckles before taking out his wand. 

"They are. This is not personal, just in case. I am just a guy trying to make a living... Such a pity we couldn't have met under better circumstances." Amelia hums in agreement, she takes out her wand. The older man grins at her and shots a spell at her. 

Amelia shields herself and retaliates back. The street is abandoned, the streetlamps are lit. Amelia has to knock him out, so the jinx vanishes and so can she. 

"You would have made a great auror, Ivan." Amelia points out as she sends some spells his way. 

"Thanks love. But they don't want anyone related to Death Eaters in the auror department... well at least for now." Ivan says as he sends some flames towards her. 

"I know you haven't killed anyone or used any illegal spell... there is still a chance. You are a man of honor." Amelia says as she sends a jet of water towards the flames. 

"How would you know? You only fought me once before." Ivan says defensively. 

"Exactly, because you fought me. You could have killed me with the killing curse... but you didn't." Amelia says before flicking her wand at him. Ivan drops his wand and scratches his neck. He struggles to breath as Amelia cuts off his air. His lips turn blue and soon he falls limp on the floor. Amelia lets her arm down and watches as Ivan's passed out body turns into a dog. She carries him to the alley, and away from the rain. 

"You are a man with honor. It is not personal." She says before vanishing with her bag. 

~~~~~~~~~

Amelia looks at the small town cautiously. She goes into the hogs head and looks at the barkeep. They recognize eachother from the last time she was here. 

"My brother is looking for you." Amelia frowns at his words. She sits down on a stool and drops her bag. 

"I don't trust your brother." Amelia says as she looks at the empty bar. 

"And why is that?" The man asks, a bit in shocked at her words. 

"I can now tell that he was grooming me into becoming his pawn. Helping me, doing me favors, so when the time comes I feel obligated to help him; return the favor. He knows how to play with people with kindness and make him be the good guy." Amelia says as she takes off her drenched cloak and drapes it in the seat next to her. The man sigh and nods. 

"I won't tell my brother you are here. I have a room available that you can stay in... do you have money?" Amelia nods at the question and hops off of the stool. She grabs her things and follows the man up the stairs. When she arrives to her room she locks the door and takes Frida out of the bag. She transforms her back to her original form. 

"I am sorry, girl. I know you don't like that." Amelia says as she rushes to shut the curtains of the small shabby room. She heads to the bathroom and takes off her clothes. She washes herself and burns the clothes. She motions Frida to come over and gives her a bath with a powerful potion that masks her scent. 

After finishing her preparations, she looks at herself in the mirror. She takes off the colored eye contact that she bought. She blinks as her eyes turn back to their honey-like gold color. She leans aganinst the procelain sink in exhaustion. She has been running for three days, sleeping a minimal 1 hour per day. When Ivan found her yesterday, she has been apparating so much that she is running on fumes. She drags her half naked body to her bag and takes out food for Frida. Amelia then lays on the bed and falls asleep. 

A/N: I know, slow chapter