10

Amelia's morning has been uneventful. She did her training, walked Frida, got ready for class, ate breakfast and started her classes. It was weird for her to eat breakfast in the GReat Hall. She was accustomed to see Severus first thing in the morning and eat with him.

"It is not the same." Amelia mutters to herself as a reminder that things have changed.

The classes were normal, nothing too difficult for her. She is up to date with all of them. She paid extra attention to Transfiguration, for it is her hardest subject. But now she has Potions class. She sits in the middle row. A girl sits next to her, she does not speak to her.

When Severus enters the classroom, he slams the door open. Everyone, except Amelia, jump at the sudden sound. She knew he had been there because of Frida. He walks to the front of the class and stares at everyone before adressing the class.

"I suggest you do not fail this class, but I really don't care if you do... Miss Richardson, the creature must wait outside." Severus says as walks up to the blackboard. Amelia looks down at the dog and back at Severus.

"What are you waiting?" Severus says irritated. Amelia bites her tongue and stands up.

"Tsk Tsk." Amelia signals Frida to follow her. She makes Frida wait in the hallway with instructions to bark if anyone tries to move her. Amelia hugs her before going inside the room again.

Amelia gives Severus a small glare. She is annoyed by his actions. He knows that she needs Frida there. The class is long and she worries about Frida being out there. Her worry is replace by anger at the small smirk he has on his face when she sat down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Halfway through the class, a loud sound interrupts the quiet classroom. Amelia drops her pen and closes her notebook. She starts to walk towards the door. 

"Where do you think you are going Miss Richardson?" Severus asks with his bored tone. She is annoyed by him and needs to check on Frida. 

"I am going to slay a dragon, sir." Amelia says in a mocking tone. Severus looks up from his desk, before looking back down. 

"5 points will be deducted from Hufflepuff, do to your classmate's... cheek." Severus says in his usual tone. Amelia frowns at this but still goes towards the door. 

"Did I say you could leave?" Severus says as he continues to scribble down with his quill. 

"No,sir, because I never ask you to." Amelia replies seriously.

 She continues to go out the door and rushes over to Frida. The dog is barking at a short, old, greasy looking man as he tries to move her with a long stick. Amelia rushes over and holds her hand up at the man, before she kneels down and calms Frida down. 

"What is a dog doing in the halls?" His voice gives Amelia the shudders. Amelia sighs and stands in front of her dog. 

"The dog is mine, sir. She is waiting for me to leave my class." Amelia explains to the sniding man. 

"I don't care if the dog it is yours, pets are not allowed in the halls. Now get it away from here." The man says with his nasty tone, making Amelia surpressed a shudder of disgust. 

"Sorry sir, but I can't do that." Amelia says, this makes the man make some kind of animalistic snarl and harshly grab Amelia's arm. 

"Well then, I can." The man says trying to pull Amelia away from the dog.

 As if noticing that her owner is in danger Frida starts to crouch and snarl, but Amelia is giving her the signal to stay down with her hand. Amelia goes to protest but it is interrupted by a voice.

"I suggest you let go of my student before her mutt bites you." A soft baritone voice says from behind them. The man let's go of Amelia and turns to look at Severus that is it standing next to them. 

"You can go now, I will handles this... Don't worry, for she will be... punished for her behaviour." Severus says in a calm soft voice that contradicts the words he just said.

 Amelia gulps the little saliva she has on her mouth, for her mouth ran dry at his words. The man smirks devilishly at her before leaving them. Amelia just noticed about the cat he carries in his arms. 

"Miss Richardson... your first day and you still caused trouble, not that I expected anything less." Severus says while looking down at her. Amelia turns around towards Frida and calms her down. She whispers calm words and pets her behind the ear, before standing up. 

"Look at me when I speak to you, Miss Richardson." Amelia's training makes her obey her superior or commanding officer at all times, but she fights the urge to do so. Severus grabs her chin and forces her to look at him.

"I don't like repeating myself, Miss Richardson... Detention, tonight after supper. You will go to my classroom for it... and here, don't bother going back to my classroom you will be lost making the potion." Severus says before shoving her knacksack into her chest, making her grunt at the force. He turns around and walks away with his robe bellowing behind him. 

Severus couldn't shake off the feeling in his chest when he saw her amber like eyes; the disappointment in them. He is accustomed to seeing hatred, fear, and anger. But disappointment is not an emotion he has seen in a long time, not since his childhood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amelia goes to lunch with a darkened mood. She sits at the front of the longtable, the seat where she say yesterday at the Sorting ceremony. She slams her knacksack on the table and sits with a huff. She takes some chicken from the platter and puts it in Frida's bowl. She grabs a sandwich and begins eating, while cursing the man with the cat in her mind.

"Richardson, right?" She looks at the girl in front of her, a fellow hufflepuff. She looks at her colored hair and disheveled uniform with a raised eyebrow. Her father would have made her take extra training for just not wearing the uniform properly. 

"Yes, sorry. I don't know your name... call me Amelia." She puts down her sandwich, cleans her hands and extends one towards the girl sitting in front of her. 

"Well, you are famous now Amelia. Your little show with Snape during his class is known through out the school. The name is Dianna." She shakes Amelia's hand and leans foward with a smile.

"It is nothing to be proud of. I was rude...I was a bit prickly since he told Frida to wait outside." Amelia says truthfully, disappointed with herself.

"Don't feel bad. I believe that I should respect those that respect me....He show you no respect, well from what I heard of." Amelia chuckles at her words, but heeds to them. She never had thought of it that way.

"I was raised to respect and follow all orders that any of my superiors give me." Amelia says before taking another bite of her sandwich. Dianna scrunches up her nose at her words and grabs some chips and a sandwich.

"Well, what if your superior says to harm innocent people or do something that you consider morally wrong?" Amelia shrugs at her words.

"Never thought of that." Amelia sighs at this. Dianna takes a big gulp from her goblet and slams it on the table.

"Well, now tell me because I have been curious about this... Why a dragon?" Dianna says with smile. Amelia smiles at her question and shakes her head at her.

"I really don't know... It was either that or 'to find the beginning of the stick stuck up his ass'. The second one was to much." Dianna snorts pumpkin juice out of her nose as she puts down her drink and starts to cough and laugh at the same time. Amelia starts to laugh at the scene. Tears start to fall from her eyes as she laughs. Amelia can't remember the last time she felt at ease with someone.