~ Chapter 14 ~

The day was just wonderful. Lance showed Keith everything in his kingdom, introducing him to new foods and fashion. They ended up at the caste, Lance looking uncomfortable.

"My father heard of my capture, I'm sure... You may want to stay out here. He's quite- well... loud." He swam inside the palace, leaving Keith outside.

   "Who are you?" Someone asked. A man, Keith could tell. He didn't sound old, but his voice was mature.

   Keith turned, though it was quite awkward. He was on his side at one point, then fins over his head, before he was right side up and facing the other merman.

   Both met each other with wide eyes.

   "Shiro?!" Keith asked, managing to swim over to him. "I- what the hell are you doing down here?"

   "I should be asking you! I've never seen you down here before! Keith, why are you here?" Shiro said, panicked.

   "Lance brought me here!" He blurted, staring.

   Shiro stopped. "King Lance? How do you know him?" He asked, looking lost.

   "I took care of him while he was captured in the aquarium. He trusts me, and I trust him. I helped him get back home, too." Keith explained. "N-Now tell me why you're here."

   Shiro sighed. "Remember when I was missing for a week after I went surfing? I drowned, Keith. Princess Allura brought be back to life- and I was here the whole time. Now I'm able to go back to the surface. But I'll die if I don't come here often. So I come on weekends... But you can't tell anyone on the surface, okay? News would spread like wildfire. Can you promise me you won't tell anyone?" Shiro asked, swimming to him. He looked desperate.

   Keith nodded. "Of course, Shiro. I'm just glad you're okay." He smiled, hugging his brother tightly.

A loud crash came from inside the palace, followed by shouting and sea-glass shattering. It went silent. Lance swam right out, grabbing Keith's hand. "W-We've got to go. Please. I can't stay here. Oh, father is furious. Captain Shiro, can you take us somewhere away from here? Somewhere safe." He asked his Captain of the Guard.

Shiro nodded. "Of course, Sir. Please, follow me." The man led the King away from the palace, to safety from his father's wrath.

Lance held Keith's hand tightly, making sure he didn't fall behind.