Six || Detonation

Start from the beginning

     "It was really recent." Jacy was going to lie her ass off and hope for the best.

     "Like how recent?" Scott narrowed his eyes a little.

     "Say last week!" Stiles said, "He was with his dad most of last week."

     "Last week," Jacy replied to Scott, keeping her pulse from tipping off her lies to the werewolf.

     "Where did you meet him? I never saw you talk to him in school." Scott knew for a fact that Stiles referred to Jacy as 'that new smart girl in history'.

     "Your work," Stiles helpfully said, snapping his fingers like he had when he was trying to figure out her name.

     "Where I work." Jacy said, "He came to see if they had any more of the limited edition All Time Low vinyl records. I had to order one for him because we were out."

     Stiles' lips curved upwards into a grin, "Nice touch."

     "Where do you work?"

     "Darren's Music Paradise-"

     "Crazy Darren?" Scott bought the story, "I'm going to kill him for not telling me if he wakes up."

     "When," Jacy corrected. "When he wakes up, Scott."

     "I told you we call him Crazy Darren here," Stiles said although he could only think of how confident Jacy seemed about fixing him.

     She was going to save him.

     Melissa removed the silence that tried to take hold of the room. "I know you two moved from Michigan, but I never asked from what part."

     "Just outside of Ann Arbor. It's where I grew up," Olivia replied, thankful to pass over the conversation that had felt more like an interrogation. "I worked at the university's hospital."

     Melissa laughed after a sip of water. "What made you want to leave there and come to our little hospital?"

     "Change of scenery," Olivia said, not bringing up Jacy's previous school situation. "Small towns are more comfortable in my eyes."

     Stiles furrowed his eyebrows, leaning over while Scott was texting discretely under the table. "It's Kira," he told Jacy. "Scott is telling him you seem normal and not a threat."

     Jacy glanced into her glass as she drank, able to see a red spot on the other side. Setting her drink down, she put her hand in her lap so no one could see that she had bled through her bandaging. She excused herself from the table, heading for the bathroom down the hall.

     "Jacy?" Stiles got up, going after her. "Jace?" He stood by the door on the inside as Jacy unwrapped her hand, another gauze ready at the counter.

     Jacy looked up, seeing Stiles in the mirror. "What?" she asked, wetting a wash cloth and cleaning her palm carefully.

     "I think you should tell Scott about me," Stiles said. "Maybe he can help. Or at least he'll trust you. I don't want everyone thinking you flipped Roscoe."

     Jacy sighed a little after turning off the water, nodding as she patched herself up again. She didn't verbally respond because she knew Scott could've been listening. Leaving the blue bathroom, she went to the doorway of the kitchen. "Hey, Scott? I have some history notes that I'm not sure I got down right. Think you could help me? It won't take long."

     Scott glanced to his mom for permission, getting up when she nodded. "Sure." It didn't seem to occur to Scott at that moment that Jacy was Mr. Yukimura's best student and would never have trouble with something as simple as notes. Following her upstairs, he went into her room, unaware of Stiles being there as well. "If it was today's or yesterday's, I sort of spaced."