Part Ten: You Have No Clue What He's Capable Of

The bleak darkness has taken over my vision, my boots tapping against the gravel that sits upon the pavement. I don't know how much faster I can allow my feet to run, but it only takes seconds before I notice trees have enveloped me with their branches as they stare at me and poke at my sides.

There was no complete sign of The Thespian, himself, but noises had given it away that he was, indeed, lurking alongside with me. He felt so close, he could've been holding my hand without my senses realizing.

But as night fell to an even darker forest of black, the full moon haunting me with its only sense of light, I saw the familiar shadow reflecting against a small lantern, as well as the blade that haunts me, as well as the moon.

It was him, I knew it.

The Thespian.

But before my feet could travel to where he was, now standing, it seems my imagination had thought he was still there, because I smelt the pungent copper smell that had been recognized as blood stand behind me, hovering me with its stench. Just then a sharp pain in my back smothered me, my eyes becoming fogged, my knees going weak.

I did try, I really did. But there was an impossible amount of invisible force pushing against me, causing me to floor, my face first, into the grass. And yet as the pain I was in, the horrible pain, something had healed it.

Louis' honey tongue trickled upon my eardrums, soothing the pain like ice and heat at once. "Sweetheart? Darling?" he whispered. "Turn around. It's me. Follow my voice. Everything is going to be okay, my love. Everything will be fine. It's all over now."

My eyes open, but I am not fallen against grass. I am standing. In my bedroom, our bedroom. The mirror of when I had thought I killed my only love mocking me, the cracked glass silhouetting itself, capturing my figure. The only difference was that Louis was not dead, no. But standing behind me, a sweet smile upon his face, though blood was still covering his torso. The blade that I thought I had killed him with was gripped into his mitts, twisting into my side as it plunged in there.

I had promised him the world and still I let him down. The darkness returns and I shall never see this world again.