12. Sealing Promises~ epilogue II

Start from the beginning

He didn't respond.

She called him again, her own heart beats audible loudly in her ears, against which she had to strain her voice. He didn't respond still. Trembling, she kept her hand on his shoulder.

He blinked.

Blinked, before turning to her. His eyes, a shade lighter than what she used to think, stared at her, but she knew, he wasn't yet looking at her. It took him a good few minutes, before he actually realized it was Nandini, and in the next millisecond he had hugged her, so tight that it hurt her physically, making her gasp for air.

"Nandini...rain...lost...no!", He was mumbling like a mad man, while she struggled to get out of his hold.

Knowing I needed you so,
Would you still turn and go?

" Noooo!", He literally shouted at her, not wanting to loosen her hold, " see, its raining".

Nandini somehow pushed him away, but held his hands tightly in hers, gauging by his reaction that he wanted to be assured that she was still there.

" Go hide! It's raining!", He whispered to her, afraid somebody might listen, and gave her a knowing look, like this was supposed to explain her everything.

" Why should I hide Manik?", Nandini questioned and Manik vigorously shook his head, not even paying attention to the stream of tears running down her eyes.

" It's raining Nandu, It will take you away from me again!", He shivered as he spoke, and Nandini wanted to die in that very moment, failing to endure anything more.

This time, be different!
Please stay, don't go!
Don't go!

But some situations in life, test us. Not for us, but for people we love. And Nandini knew, this was her test, for him, for someone she loved beyond the limit of earth and sky. She held her wrist, and walked out of the house, not leaving his hand despite his protests, and stopped only when they both stood under the open sky, drenched in the heavy rain.

Looked like, even God was shedding tears for them, that night.

I loved you before I even knew your name,
And  i wanted to give you my heart.

Manik was shocked with what just happened, it was almost eight years after which he was facing his once favorite, heavy rains. He stood still, letting the drops beat him blue and black, letting it sink in.

And Nandini stood exactly in front of him, letting the rain wash it all away. All his fear, all his hurt, all their pain.

After a few minutes, she walked closer to him, and kept her close hands on his mane.

" Look its raining. And I am still here, with you", she ran her fingers over his nape, her thumbs caressing his cheek bones.

" You are?"

" I am. I always will", and with that sentence, she kissed him, pouring out all her love for him, sucking away all his pain, all his heartache, drenching him with all the good, drinking away all the bad.

But then, you came back, after leaving me one time,
I knew, that the heartache would start!