Chapter 2: Meet The Friends

Xavier POV...

I continued to sit on the glossy redwood staircase, imagining how the rest of the neighborhood would approach me.

All Females...I thought to myself, and yet I'm a stranger to everyone. Claudia proceeds to text on her iPhone, smiling—chuckling under her voice. Wind blew through her hair and perfume caress my nostrils in an instant. Her scent was immaculate. I do my best not to stare into her direction, but the cloud of envy guide my eyes towards her body frame.

Blue cheerleading shorts, all white converse, with the red shoe laces. Strong legs, C Cups, with a rigorous plump below her waist. My heart drowns into quicksand when our eyes connect, but I look away. Out of my peripheral she grins, but draws her attention back to her phone.

"So umm,  how many friends do y'all have. That live on this block" I asked Markus so I wouldn't fall into an awkward silence.

"Plenty, but... I wouldn't want to spoil you with a number."

After his response, Claudia placed her phone in the pocket of her hoodie. I'm the first person she faces when she lifts her head back up. Markus, and Jordan sat to my right, so she chose to sit on my left.

"They'll be over in the matter of minutes, if not seconds." Claudia shrugged her left shoulder as she spoke.

"Seconds?"

"Yeah. They're all in this one area. Some are just now making home, but it shouldn't take them long to make their way over here." Claudia explained

"Aight then."

Silent once more, with no tension flaring in the air. I didn't want this to be an awkward silence, just waiting for the rest of the crew to get here, but I knew myself. The one who's always quiet when it comes to being around other people. Observing, listening, and picking up people's personality's just from how they speak. I've been wanting to break that habit for a minute now, but never did I have the courage too. Now is a good time to spark that transformation within me.

"You're a cheerleader." I implied peeking at her legs crossed with each other.

She smirked and leaned back on her palms. "I am. How'd you pick that up?"

Her few words, or the slightest response caused my heart to subside.

"I noticed that you were wearing cheerleading shorts and...you seem to have an athletic...look about yourself." I scratched my head forcing myself to speak.

"You got a good eye on you." Claudia bit her bottom lip, with her upper lip hiding her doing so. She scooted 2 inches closer to me, opening herself up, diving into the conversation."You look like you play a sport as well."

"Yeah, I do... play Football and run track."

"You look like you play football." Jordan let out. "Markus and I play too."

"I could tell from just peeking at your arms. You should probably play for our school next year." Claudia suggested

"What school do y'all go to?"

"We all go to Oakland High." Markus answered. "The best High School in this city."

"It must be a private school?"

"No it's public, but it's exciting. We just got out of school yesterday, and like Markus mentioned it is this city's best high school." Claudia stared off into the open road. "Just a little wild every once and then, but it's fun. Hopefully you'll be able to experience too, I would highly recommend it."

Almost sounds like your typical west coast high school, that's portrayed in movies almost. Dope is a good example. I always wanted to know how it would be to attend a high school, with limited boundaries. I always thought it was the private schools that'd be ran that way, but now I'm in California. I might just convince my mother to enroll me this fall.