☣ BEWARE Zombies Ahead ☣ | Jack Krauser | 2

Their footsteps sounded out through the forest as they moved, with the blond leading the way. He had said his name was Krauser, though he hadn't given his first name to her - probably in a petty "take that" for not revealing her real name to him. Aw, well, no skin off her nose. In her hands he had shoved a handgun before they had begun moving to wherever they were headed, though she wasn't sure of its make or model at all.

So far they hadn't run into anything that attempted to take their lives, but at this point it was better to be safe than sorry. "¡Muérete!" came a sudden cry from the left, startling Werewolf into action and aiming the gun hesitantly - still unsure of her aim. Krauser merely turned and watched, wanting to see if this girl could even hold her own or if her survival on her own had been a fluke.

The Blacktail he had handed her was aimed at the Ganado as it slowly walked forward from around the many trees brandishing an axe in hand. She was still hesitant to shoot, as she wasn't sure of her aim by the sights on the gun - having only fired a .22 rifle only once before this... Yes, she had manage to hit the target teach time - but that was when her life wasn't threatened....

Several shots rang out suddenly as the enemy reared back his arm to throw the axe at one of them (from the looks of things, it would've been thrown at the girl) one shot hitting the man's arm and causing him to drop his weapon to the ground. The other two shots, however, weren't as close to the first as Krauser would have hoped - one of them missing entirely and lobbing into a tree just over the infected man's shoulder and the other hitting into his shoulder opposite the arm she had originally shot.

Well, at least she wasn't completely hopeless. He had seen some who had picked up a gun for the first time and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn two feet in front of them.... with a shotgun...

Werewolf breathed in and out slowly as the Ganado turned his gaze angrily at the woman with a grunt, leaning down to pick up his axe and brandish it at her again as he moved closer. Before she could squeeze off another round a sigh from her left sounded out and Krauser nudged her aim in the right direction before she squeezed another one off to get a head shot. She blinked a few times, a blank stare on her face before turning her gaze to Krauser's blue one and staring for several seconds, gun still aimed at nothing.

As they stared each other down the Ganado's body was quickly dissolved by the Plagas within it releasing its fast-acting toxins upon it's own death and leaving behind no body for evidence.

"I could have done that..." she snorted, finally lowering the gun to her side. Krauser scoffed as he turned and began leading the way again with a sarcastic "Sure you could, kid."

It didn't take long after that to get to their destination; any enemy that ran into them was quickly taken down (though Krauser did most of the work, as he saw her aiming as something of a liability) as they had moved on without no further mishap. He was now, however, pinching the bridge of his nose in an attempt to ward off the oncoming headache as she just stared and blinked at him as if he were an idiot.

"Just get in the helicopter, kid." he snarled, eyes still closed in irritation.

Werewolf stayed silent for several moments, still blinking up at the helicopter almost nonchalantly and fiddling with her necklace in thought; "But why should I? You haven't told me a single thing that helps me out and for all I know you could be some creeper."

'Creeper?' he echoed in his head as he snapped his blue eyes open to glare at her for that one. "I could have just left you there to die, you know. Now get a move on!"

There was that look again, the one that screamed "idiot" at him and his irritation rose as he just knew she was going to argue back. "Okay, listen here you beret-wearing moron," she started, "You just pop up all creeper-horror-movie-like from the woods playing with a knife and you give me no real answers other than 'someone wants to see you' and - hey, what are you doing...?"