xxvi. Live and Let Live

Comenzar desde el principio

"I can't believe you can see again, Nayeon-unnie. I'm so happy. Very happy."

Joining their hands together, locking themselves in a tight embrace around Nayeon, they created a noisy melody with their sobs. Watching with lovesome eyes, both of their parents smiled at the siblings.

Finally, Nayeon was able to make a run for the counter, snatching a seat. Perplexed for a second, the two shrugged it off and ran after Nayeon, seating themselves back. Eating and being able to see what she ate really hit home for Nayeon. She was amazed by literally anything that she saw or did. Even the boiled egg in her ramen looked spectacularly golden.

"Nabugs," you need to hurry up your eating or else you're gonna miss your graduation, love."

As soon as her mother reminded her of it, Nayeon's eyes widened, like actually grew to the same size as Ryler's cheerios. She had almost forgotten why she had wakened up so early in the first place. Distracted by seeing everything in clear daylight, she nearly forgot that she was graduating today.

Nayeon, along with Jeongyeon, Dahyun, Momo, Jihyo, Sana, and Tzuyu, and many other people her grade that she didn't bother to remember the names of were graduating. This was the last day of their high school lives and no one knew what to make of it. To sum it all up, this day was expected and very much anticipated. They couldn't wait to get out of there for good.

On the way to the ceremony, Nayeon's stomach began to anchor. She could already feel the full spectrum of emotion. Being thrown together with some of the most important people in your life, a couple of songs about moving on and a handful of cute first day of school pics from kindy can make you go from laughing with your mates to bawling in seconds. If she was to be honest, she wasn't ready to see the rest of her friends in their cap and gown.

There's no avoiding the fact that on graduation day tears will be shed. There's an inevitable feeling of finality that comes with graduating high school. In between taking final photos with your favorite teachers and trying to hand your mum tissues, Nayeon realized that this is the end of a major part of her life, and it can be heartbreaking.

Despite the stressful thoughts she was having, it was coming to an end and so was the car ride. Nayeon could breathe again, bringing her hand to her chest. She was nervous to step out of the car.

Her make up was done by herself without the help of her mom this time. Nayeon had looked at the results and were quite satisfied when she left the house. But now she was starting to rethink her decision. Snapping to get her phone, she flipped to the front camera, checking herself and making final touch-ups before her mom had to egg her to get out of the car since she was the last one.

Getting out of the car, her heels touched the hard concrete ground. She took a deep breath and walked with her family towards the auditorium. Soft instrumental music was playing when the walked in. The coldness from the air conditioning hit them quickly. Nayeon was stunned for a bit but kept walking to the back of the stage. Her parents and siblings went to find some seats.

At the point, the place was crowded. More people started showing up and it only got noisier than the volume of the music.

The rest of the graduates were backstage and in a line by alphabetical order. Nayeon was close to the starting point. She entered and searched for her friends. Momo saw her easily and waved her over. Jeongyeon's back was facing Nayeon but as soon as she saw Momo waving enthusiastically, Jeongyeon turned to see who the person was.