Mom glared at me and I instantly raised my hands up. "I didn't say that."

"Why is Lexi crying?!" A voice came from behind us.

I turned around and saw dad on top of the stairs, looking puzzled at us.

"Can't you just switch her off or something? I swear she is crying on any given opportunity." I muttered as I sat down next to mom on the couch.

"Don't talk like that to your sister." Mom told me sharply. "She is in pain."

"Yeah right." I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "With all the tears she has been spilling, she can open her own bottled water company."

"Jaxon!"

"Jaxon is a meanie!" Lexi sobbed, clutching my mom's shirt tighter. "Talia is making Jaxon a meanie!"

"Who is Talia?" Mom and dad both asked in unison.

"Just a girl from school."

"Talia is his girlfriend." Lexi said with a smug smile.

I glared at her.

After I let her wipe her snot on my shirt, this is how she repays me?

Snitch.

"Shut up, Lexi! She is nothing like that." I stood up and went back to my room to avoid this conversation.

After I closed my bedroom door behind me, my phone screen lit up.

I'm sorry, Jax. Can you please come back? I need you!

I stared at the message for a long time before throwing my phone at the wall. Little bitch. After the stunt she pulled yesterday, she still had the audacity to text me.

Talia Davis and I have been dating since freshman year. She was my light in the darkest times. My marshmallow to my hot chocolate. We were the 'best friends who turned into lovers' couple.

In short, she was my entire world. I would cross oceans for her. And I'm not even kidding. Last year when she had a piano competition in Australia, I went to surprise her even though I had an important Lacrosse match the next day.

That's how much I love her. She reminds me so much of mom. Dad taught mom how to play the piano. She always played the piano for me when I was younger. I sat on her lap and watched how her fingers gracefully tapped the keys.

I was only four years old when mom suddenly got really sick. At that time I had no idea what happened. She was almost every day at the hospital with dad. There was one thing I remembered everyone talking about.

Cancer. Mommy had cancer.

I didn't know what it was at that time. I didn't even know that mom was fighting between life and death.

We were almost every day at the hospital. I saw mom in the hospital bed surrounded with so many machines and needles.

It was scary for a four year old. But dad always assured me that everything would be alright. I could clearly see on his face that even he was scared.

He was always so stressed and when he thought I was asleep at night he went to the bathroom and started crying.

I remembered every night praying to the angels to make mom better and dad happy again.

And suddenly one day, mom came back home. Happy and healthy as before.

She laughed and hugged and kissed me. She played the piano again for me.

I was so happy that the angels heard my prayers.

From grandma I heard that mom healed from chemotherapy. Another word I didn't knew the meaning of.