Part 22

"Ughh. Stupid, idiot, Laad governor." She mumbled under her breath as her back faced the closed-door. The audacity of the guy to give her a smirk, like nothing between them mattered at all. Like nothing happened between them. "Rakshas, Prince of Darkness." She cursed all of the names she had given him with anger bubbling in her voice.

Payal came out of the washroom wiping her hands on the towel and noticed her sister's angry face, "Khushi, what happened? And who are you cursing?" She however, had a faint idea when she heard the last part of the name Prince of Darkness. She knew it full well, that it was none other than her future brother-in-law.

Khushi walked into the room towards the bed and dropped herself on it with a thud. She looked up at her sister with tired, agonized face. "Jiji, I don't know what to do? I'm really confused." She tells her sister in a child-like voice.

Payal sat down beside her, caressed her hair and asked, "Is this about Arnav?" She waits for baby-sister to answer her, because somehow she already had some idea that all this pent-up aggression was due to him.

Khushi gives her a surprised look and wonders how her sister knew, when Payal with a smile gracing her lips nods her head in letting her know that she knows. "So, are you going to spill the beans or not?" Payal asks her again with a chuckle.

Thus began Khushi's story about how the man she once loathed and hated to the core, now had deeply, irrevocably made a place in her heart. Yes, she loved that arrogant, ruthless man and there was no denying it. She tells her sister all the details and tells her the most intimate moment she spent with him, was the most magical day of her life and thereafter began his aloofness in avoiding her at all cost.

Payal shocked to hear and learn from her sister that she was intimate with her soon-to-be jethji shook her head and asked, "Seriously, you and jethji did that?." She couldn't even muster up words to say it out loud. The next question out of her mouth both shocked and amused Khushi, "How was it?"

Khushi with her eyes-wide, her mouth shaped into her ever so famous 'O' answered, "It was an amazing experience jiji, but apart from that I'm not telling more."

Payal nodded her head and than asked, "So, you and Dhruv decided to play the jealousy game on him?" Khushi nodded in agreement, "But in turned out that instead of him getting jealous, the tables turned on you and now you're jealous." Payal told her with a grin plastered on her face.

Khushi narrowed here eyes at her sister and says, "Yes jiji the whole point was to make him confess his feelings, but him bringing a date today just made my blood boil." She gets up frustrated at herself, cursing Dhruv to have started this jealous game in the first place. She was tired of playing this game.

The all of a sudden, something clicked in her brain, he knows his being played. Her mind kicked into overdrive as she realized that and spoke out loud, "He knows jiji." She turns to look at her sister who smiled and nodded her head in agreeing. "But how?" She questioned more to herself as she started bite her finger nail in nervousness. The millionaire dollar question now was as to how Arnav Singh Raizada found out about this jealousy game being played on him.

Payal gets up from the bed and walks towards the closet and says in sing-a-song, "Looks like the player is getting played." Khushi sees her sister's backside, grabs a pillow cushion from the couch and hurls it towards her, which smacks her on the back of her head.

Payal turns around with shock and screams, "Khushi ki bachi ruk." She chases her around the room with both sisters giggling away at their antics.

***

The guests had started to arrive for the engagement party. The hall was flowing with them, soft music playing in the background, waiters going around with drinks held on a tray. The hall looked magnificent with the decorations and the colour theme which was finalized by Khushi was marvellous. The fairy lights, the little diya's all over the place, rose petals splattered all over the tables. Khushi couldn't believe her eyes as she took in the sight. She walked in holding onto Payal's hand, who was utterly mesmerized by herself in looking at the hall.