Chapter 8: Dirty Laundry

After their encounter in the water, the boys were headed home for the day, and as their wet clothes soaked into the car seat, Theo didn't even complain, he was too satisfied, too pleased that Liam had returned the kiss.---Liam however, after the kiss high, began mulling over what this crossed line meant. I kissed The-Do I like boys?- What does this mean for our relationship? The confused beta looked over to the smiling wolf. He could feel the joy radiating off of his chemosignals, Liam didn't want to risk messing that mood up, besides, he didn't have to overthink this, he could just be satisfied with whatever this was. With that Liam's eyes drifted to down to the...still..shirtless Theo. He noticed a green leaf on the side of his abdomen and went to peel it off, but as his fingers brushed the bare skin, Theo's body rippled in response. Liam felt warmth rise to his face and froze in contact, blushing. Theo, of course took notice of this.

"Like was what you see Dunbar?" Smirking through the sparkle of his eyes, he lifted his deep, chocolate, brow that was partially covered by that intense dark swoop of his hair.

Liam gasped. He jerked his hand away, but he knew if he answered, Theo would be able to tell he was lying, so he just kept quiet. Leaving Theo in an even more pleased mood. He knew the beta liked it.

—-

After what seemed like hours to the smaller wolf, the pair arrived back at Theo's apartment. Liam pounced on his feet in anticipation to shower and change. He was exhausted. So was Theo, he yawned upon entering his house.

"Hey Liam, would you mind if I slept in the bed tonight? My back is-" Theo turned his hips, holding his arms over his head as he stretched- "killing me."

Liam unwillingly turned his eyes away from the flexing muscles and rippling skin mumbling "sure"- and that he could —"sleep on the couch"—.

"Oh Liam no— I mean let's just sleep in the same bed." Liam nodded as he flusteredly made his way to the shower—forgetting spare clothes—and to his dismay— when he got out of the steaming water he realized, Theo was out of towels. Frock. Snarling, he yelled to Theo that he was out of towels—and if he could grab him some clothes. A plea in his voice. A few minutes later Theo knocked at the door and Liam opened it standing cautiously behind the cover of the wooden rectangle, snatching the pile Theo handed over.

"Thanks—Wait hEy! These are paper towels!—And these are YOUR clothes not mine!" he huffed.

"Yeah well it looks like we both need to do laundry, these were all that were available." The older wolf chuckled from the other side.

Liam begrudgingly patted himself down with the roll of paper towels, mimicking Theo's voice in annoyance. Sighing, he pulled on the gray sweats, and black long sleeve tee, and headed to the bedroom. When he noticed...

"Hey Theo, aren't those my clothes right here?" Theo stared at the beta at the foot of his bed. He was pouting, he cheeks were red as he snickered something about the him being unbelievable. Immediately, his gaze fell to the way Liam's hands peeked out of his black shirt, the sleeves were too long and fell down half his palm. The marbled grey waistband of his sweats were folded over twice, but the smaller boy still tripped on the length as he walked. Theo's heart hammered at the sight. He wasn't sure what was better, the sight of Liam earlier in the water, or here, swimming in his clothing.

Theo shrugged. "Mm, guess I didn't see them."

"Well what about the towels, where they really ALL dirty, or was did you just not see those too?"

"Nah, they were really all dirty. Sorry would you have preferred napkins pup?"

Liam scoffed. "You really are something Raeken." The boy climbed under the white covers. He really liked them, they were soft and fluffy. He could get used to sleeping in them. "Speaking of dirty, aren't you gonna shower?"