Five

Chloe sat in the staffroom. She had become withdrawn and she wasn't herself. Tom walked in and looked to Chloe. He could see she wasn't herself. He saw bruises on her arm and what looked to be a black eye "Chloe?" He said as he walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder causing her to flinch. She looked to him as he frowned "are you okay?" He asked as she looked to him and smiled. Tom sighed, he was worried over Chloe and he knew that she wasn't herself. He could see just how vulnerable that she was "I know you, I know when something is up" tom said as she placed her hand in his as she felt the tears in her eyes as Tom wrapped an arm around her and hugged her as she started to cry. He knew Chloe and he knew when she wasn't okay even if she said that she was. Tom knew for a fact that she was fragile and close to having a break down.

***

Later that day, Tom walked down the hall. He was getting more and more worried over Chloe, she seems numb and disinterested even when he mentioned poppy. Tom walked to stephs classroom and knocked on the door as Steph looked to him and rolled her eyes. She was annoyed over Tom and how he was treating Chloe "what is it tom?" She asked as she stood up as he looked to her "it's Chloe something is up with her and I'm worried" tom said as Steph looked to him and rolled her eyes "she misses her daughter that's what it is" "no, i men's she's covered in bruises and she's withdrawn. Your her mum and I thought she would talk to you" Tom said as Steph looked to him and sighed "fine but I'm telling you it's her missing poppy" Steph said.

Steph walked into Chloe's classroom and frowned as she saw Chloe who was sitting and staring into space "chlo?" She asked as Chloe looked to her and smiled. Steph walked in and looked to her as she realised just what Tom was on about and how fragile and withdrawn Chloe looked. She could see a black eye forming and sighed. She didn't have a good feeling and felt as if mark was responsible "you seem with drawn, are you okay?" Steph asked as Chloe nodded "fine, just fine" Chloe said as Steph frowned. She knew Chloe was far from fine and that Tom was right.

***

Later that day, Chloe sat in her flat as mark walked in. She frowned as she heard him storm into the room. She could tell that he had been drinking "where have you been you stupid cow?" He asked "work" "why, you don't have your kid anymore you gave her away like she's nothing which is what you are" he said as she went to walk off as he grabbed her arm and squeezed as she groaned in pain as he dug his nails into her arm "your hurting me" she said as he pushed her to he floor as she hit her head and groaned as he walked over to her and started to kick her repeatedly in the ribs as she groaned in pain before he walked off with a beer as Chloe sobbed to herself.

Chloe stood outside of toms. She knocked on the door as he opened it and frowned as he saw her bloody and bruised "oh my god" he said as he helped her not off house and into the living room as she sat down in pain "I'm sorry, I didn't know where else to go" she sobbed as he looked to her and smiled "it's okay I'm here, I care about you. Did mark do this?" Tom asked as she nodded as he held her close as she sobbed. Little did she know how marks abuse had only just started on her.