Chapter Three: Do You Want To Dance?

"Florence, my dear." Harry giggled, "come and hit the dance floor with me."

Florence stared up at Harry and he almost lost his balance. By now, they'd finished the first two bottles of wine and maybe two others, or three. None of them really remembered.

"What about Ophelia?" Florence asked, looking at her pair.

"We can swap for a bit." Harry pointed at Oliver, "there you go."

Florence rolled her eyes but stood anyway. "Do you even know where we're going?" She asked as they walked slowly through the lounge, careful not the bump anything.

"Nope. But that's the fun of it isn't it?" Harry said, taking her hand and pulling her through another set of doors. This lead them into a small foyer with a hard polished marble floor.

"Do you have marble floors in your house?" Florence asked Harry

He laughed, "I don't think so."

Florence scrunched her face up, "you don't think so." Harry shrugged. "How can you not know what your floors are made of." She giggled.

"Be quiet, you." Harry poked her in the ribs making her laugh a little louder. "I think we go in here." He said before pulling her lightly towards another door. They could feel the bass in their feet and hear the music in their brains. Harry pushed open the door and stood with his back to it as Florence entered ahead of him.

They entered the back of a small concert hall looking building. There was a DJ on a small stage towards the front and bodies of people swayed and jumped around under fluorescent lights.

"I'm going to lose you!" Florence had to shout over the music pounding in her ears. Harry shook his head and took her hand before telling her not to let go. 

Astoria had watched the pair walk out. She felt strange about it. Sure, Harry and her had nothing together but why would he pick Florence? She sighed looking around at the three others that seemed to be in a deep drunken conversation.

Astoria chose not to drink anymore than one glass meaning she was still completely sober. She'd read somewhere that drinking in your teens increases your chances of liver failure and it really turned her off the idea. She stood up excusing herself to the bathroom.

"Wait Astoria, I should come with you." Cassiel mumbled.

"Don't worry about it, it's just there you can watch me the whole time." She said pointing at a black door across the room. Cassiel nodded hesitantly, her gut feeling telling her something bad was going to happen.

She let her eyes follow Astoria all the way to the bathroom and relaxed slightly when she made it there okay. "She'll be fine." Oliver placed his hand over hers in a reassuring gesture. Cassiel nodded to him, letting herself slide back into the conversation they were having previously.