Previously...

I sprint with a slight limp to the edge, the shouting below growing louder and my eagerness to get away from this place growing. My backpack thumping on my back as I run with as much of my remaining energy left as I can.

With one more shout to stop from Josh, I jump.

**************

Freedom.

In the short span of five seconds I feel completely free, like a newborn bird spreading its wings and flying for the first time. The wind blowing through my damp hair, sending a faint chill to my exposed skin. The sky above me crackling with energy and power, and the rain beating against my face.

For a moment my senses are hijacked. They are completely useless to me as I soar through the sky, determined to reach my destination. Determined to stay free. I can no longer hear the urgent shouts emitting from my pursuers down below, I can't feel my dislocated shoulder or shot calf. I can't taste the metallic tang of blood in my mouth. All I hear is the powerful booming of thunder around me. All I see is a source of escape centimetres away from my grasp.

I gather as much power in me as I can and direct it to my outstretched hand, my body humming in charged energy. I can tell my eyes are glowing, they're warning me. Preparing me for the strength and endurance needed to use my power.

My fingertips near the electric pole of wood, just a little closer.

Then it stopped. Everything stopped.

Time seemed to stand still as my hand clasped tightly around the Power Pole. The wind that was blowing away at my short locks seemed to still, a deathly silence in its wake. For a second there was nothing, then a bright white light exploded from beneath my hand against the pole, temporarily blinding anyone within 20 ft of me.

A warm sensation ran across my extended arm, stretching out across my chest, then my lower body, gliding across my skin like a snake. Until finally it reached my head, there's was a tug like someone was gripping my hand and pulling me into the Power Pole and I let them.

I feel my physical form fading, it felt like a bunch of goosebumps and pins & needles combined. The bright light never once wavered, standing out strong against the darkness until I was mostly absorbed into the Power Pole. I felt a strange warmth wrapped around my ankle but I ignore it.

Then the bright light dissipated, and so did I.

Teleporting through electricity felt beyond weird. It's like you're caught in an underwater rip and there's no escape until we land at our designated place of where it was I was headed. Except I don't know where I was headed, just far, far away from this place and the people chasing me.

The warmth I felt moments before teleporting that was clasped tightly to my foot was still there, making me wonder what it is, I tried to shake it off but it just gripped tighter. In the electric current I can feel something out of place, something that doesn't belong. This makes my eyebrows furrow, it can't possibly be me, I've done this once before and felt as though I was apart of the energies surrounding me, not rejected by it.