2 - Interruptions

The next morning...

I sat in the red and white leather booth of the Two Whales diner, my mind deeply invested in my favourite science-fiction book. My cup of coffee and a half eaten donut sat on the table in front of me. My hands were incredibly sore and bruised.

I was in the middle of an epic battle between the main character and the protagonist when I was rudely interrupted by a blue haired chick with a lit cigarette hanging from her mouth as she plopped her ass across from me.

"Whatcha readin'?" she asked nodding her head to the book I was now putting a book mark in and closing.

"Why are you here?" I questioned.

"I asked you first" Chloe said, before taking a long drag of her cigarette and blowing smoke into the air.

"Some shitty little book about the butterfly effect, and this hipster trying to save her best friend which she later falls for, but can't save in the end. It screws with your emotions, but it's like watching a train wreck, you can't tear your attention away from it." I said with a sigh.

"Sounds- lame and depressing. I'm here because my Mom works here." Chloe said pointing with her cigarette at Joyce, whom was pouring a cup of coffee for one of the other customers.

My eyes narrowed at the cigarette and my nose scrunched in disgust. "Why must you smoke those cancer sticks." I ask her.

Chloe sighed and put the cigarette out in the ash tray next to the napkin holder. "Trying to forget some things, that's all." She replied, crossing her arms on the table and setting her head on them, looking out the window.

Without thinking I was reaching a hand towards hers, but halfway I caught myself and pulled it back, clearing my throat instead and putting on my best 'I'm gonna try to cheer you up' smile.

"So what if I'd been waiting on my date when you came and plunked your punk ass in my booth." I said leaning back in my seat and crossing my arms over my chest.

A smirk replaced Chloe's dazed look and she replied without hesitation "Then I'd say your date would have to get in line. I saw you first."

I actually laughed at that, and Chloe's smirk slowly turned into a shit-eating grin.

"I dare you to go out with me." Chloe blurted with that grin plastered on her face.

"I think you're full of shit." I reply with a smirk of my own. "But alright."

"Great. Meet me at the junkyard at five tomorrow night." Chloe says before pulling out a new cigarette and taking my book off the table.

"Hey-" I blurt as she takes my book.

"To make sure you come." Chloe says with her shit-eating grin.

"Punk." I attempt to glare, but the smirk doesn't come off my face as I picked up my mug of coffee and took a sip.

"Smartass." She replied, standing to leave, placing a new cigarette between her lips.

"Oh, and Chloe?" I ask just as she walks past me.

She stops and looks over her shoulder at me, the cigarette hanging down from her lips. "Yeah?"

"No cancer sticks."

Chloe reaches into her back pocket and pulls out the box of cigarettes and leans over me to put them on the table. She smells like rancid smoke and pine needles.

She turns and looks at me, still leaning too close for comfort. "Happy?" She teases, inches from my face.

I pluck the last cigarette from her mouth and put it on the table with the others. "Very." I grin.

Chloe looks almost hurt for a moment looking at the lone cigarette resting on the top of the box already on the table, but her eyes lock with mine again and her grin returns. "You'll pay for that one."

"Uhuh. Try me." I reply, crossing my arms and lean back in my seat.

------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked this chapter! I'll be back again soon with more Chloe x Reader!

**Reminder I don't own any of the art, characters or mentioned places in this story!**

~ Ryan