Chapter 18

Updaaaate! This one is solely because of ashes0529 who pushed me into finishing this chapter up. Thank you. 
I changed the cover! I did! I did! I made a new one for La Vie En Rose too. These ones are better than the previous ones I feel. 

Chapter 18

Yeah, you can start over you can run free,
You can find other fish in the sea.
You can pretend it's meant to be,
But you can't stay away from me.
I can still hear you making that sound,
Taking me down rolling on the ground.
You can pretend that it was me,
But no.

Baby, I'm preying on you tonight,
Hunt you down eat you alive.
Just like animals,
Animals.

-Animals; Maroon 5.

Zola gulped loudly and carefully embraced Kate, making sure not to touch her injuries in the process. 

"Its okay, you'll be okay." Zola tried to reassure the distressed girl in her arms.

Zola pulled her on her feet yet rested all of Kate's weight on herself and began walking slowly towards Zachary's house. Ian came forward and picked up Kate from the other side, he had this look on his face that he knew. Knew what was happening, knew why it was happening.

"Ian, can you please escort Kate back to your place? I need to have a word with Zachary." Zola stressed each word with a promise of serious troubles. But that wasn't what got Ian to scramble at her demand, it was her voice and the hard bitter voice that seemed so detached! It even shocked Zachary.

Ian stared at his Alpha as if asking for permission. Zola wanted to argue that these were her orders but the rational part of her brain thought it would give that stupid mate of hers an impression that she is actually considering the post of his Luna. 

Yeah right.

Zachary slowly but surely nodded and glowered at his fellow Pack members with a stern, chilling look. The area cleared faster than the blink of an eye. 

"Can we go inside and talk please?" Zachary gently prodded.

"No. Right here will do." Zola harshly replied.

She didn't trust herself when it came to him, she'd been acting like a love-struck kid but that wasn't who she was. And this time, Zola was sure to get her point across.

"Did-didn't you want her gone in the first place?" 

"I did and still do. But she is your child's mother. Do you know what that means? M-O-T-H-E-R!" Zola snapped and folded her hands under her chest.

Zachary sighed dejectedly and reached into the back pocket of his jeans. His deliciously low hanging jeans...
Zola took a deep breath in and tried to get those naughty explicit images out of her head before she did something stupid. Like actually kissing him.

He pulled out a sheet of paper and handed it over to Zola who took the picture in her hands hesitantly. She scanned the header briefly, words muddling her mind for some reason. 

"Doctor Avery's Clinic? Is this the paternal report?" She quizzed out loud.

"Yeah." Zachary simply replied, kicking the dirt with his boots.

"Name Kate Johanna Raymond, Sex- Female, Age is..." Zola trailed on till the numbers registered in her mind.

"TWENTY! Kate is going to be a mother at twenty? What is wrong with these people? Jeez." Zola mumbled and started reading again.

Zachary smiled at her babble, she was different, so very unique than all the women he'd ever met.

"Remind me why I am reading this?" Zola sighed and shot a bored look towards her mate.