Chapter 5

Melody^^

No One POV

"That was Melody!? The girl who is supposed to be joining us!?" Beastboy shouted. Everyone glared at him. "Sorry sorry. I'm just surprised. She doesn't seem like the superhero type." He scratched his head.

"Beastboy is right. What can she do besides sing and dance on people." Raven crossed her arms. "I don't know, but she must possess something if Batman wants her to be apart of the team." Starfire said. "When is she supposed to be joining?" Jaime said. "She doesn't want to join. She doesn't want to be apart of any of this." Damian muttered.

"You talked to her?" Starfire walked up to Damian. "Yes I have. Both my father and I have." "Welllllll you aren't the best to talk to Damian and Batman isn't either." Beastboy chuckled. "Maybe someone nicer should try." He suggested making Damian glare at him. "He's actually right." Jaime said.

"I'm telling you, she won't do it no matter how nice you are. She's stubborn." "We'll see." Beastboy and Jaime dabbed and suited up. "Come on we must all achieve her!" Starfire shouted with glee making Dick smile.

Raven shrugged her shoulders and stared at Damian trying to read his emotions. Happy. "What's wrong Raven?" He said catching her eye. "Uh nothing." She turnt and walked away. Damian raised his eyebrow. "Okay then." They all got suited up and was ready.

Gotham here they come.

Melody POV

"You so do like him!" Tommy laughed. "I do not!" He was referring to Damian Wayne. "He's the only one you give your attention to at our shows." Tommy crossed his arms. "I just like messing with him." He teased me.

After the show at the beach we came back home and ordered take out and watched movies. Like we always did, but bobble head Tommy wanted to bring this up.

"Sure you don't Melody. I think he likes you to." "What makes you think that?" "You're the only girl he doesn't look like he's annoyed to be around and I heard that he doesn't let anyone touch him, not even his dad or brothers." I rolled my eyes.

"Why would I like a person like that? He's a spoiled brat who doesn't know what hard work is." "He's Robin, Melody. I'm sure he knows what hard work is." Tommy said. He is right. "I guess your right." "I know I'm right." He smiled and patted my head. Then he looked at me.

"Have you thought about it? Joining the team that is?" I mentally groaned. "I have. My answer is no." I flashed a fake smile. "Melody!" "What? I don't want to." He shook his head. "Melody you can do something with your life. Save people." "That's sounds good and all but I'm not tryna die in the process.

Now stop asking me because my answer is gonna be no. And if you want to be apart of something so bad then you join the Teen Titans and risk your life!" He looked down at me. What I said was harsh but what superhero's do is not natural. And I'm a normal girl. "Your not a ordinary girl Melody." I looked up at Tommy.

"I know you try so hard to be but your not. And I'm tired of you pretending to be something your not. That voice of yours is not normal at all. It's more then just entertainment. Use it." Tommy got up. "Tommy wait, I'm sorry." He walked away.

That didn't end well. I groaned and got up. I need some fresh air. I put on a hoodie, jeans and knee high boots. I wrote a note for Tommy just in case.

Damian POV

"This is her apartment." I pointed to the building. "Wow it's really nice." Jaime said. "Who will do the knocking?" Starfire smiled. "I will." Raven said surprising all of us.

Raven knocked on the door and Tommy answered it shirtless, looking like he just woke up. "Who is it?" He opened his eyes and they went wide for a moment. "Am I dreaming?" "No you aren't. Where's Melody?" I said pushing past him. "The Teen Titans are in my house." He said.

He sounded happy but confused. I honestly wanted to laugh. "Hi. . .we are looking for Melody. It's important." Starfire said. Tommy looked at her. "Wow you're beautiful." She blushed and turnt away. I saw Grayson huff and roll his eyes.

"Enough of the flirting with her, where's Melody?" Grayson said pulling Starfire behind him, as she glared at the back of his head. "I don't know. We kinda had a fight earlier and she just left." What he said made me stop for a moment. I glared at him up and down. Fucking idiot.

"What do you mean, had a fight and she just left? You let her wonder the streets of Gotham alone. There's a criminal at every corner!" Everyone looked at me. "She can handle herself Damian. And in case you haven't noticed we're in the nicest neighborhood." He said.

The team gasped because he called me by my name. "He knows about everything." I said and turnt back to him. But it didn't matter. She still might not be safe. "What did you guys fight about?" Jaime asked him. "Actually about you guys. I want her to join but she doesn't want to."

"You can't force her. This isn't for everyone." Raven said. "I know that, but Melody isn't everyone. She's the most strongest person I know. She stands up for others and herself. She puts people above her. And she has the heart and passion to do anything she sets her mind to."

I looked at the counter and saw a note. 'Tommy I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you. I was just scared. The Teen Titans have something special in each and everyone one of them. Something to actually offer the world. All I got is my voice, how can I help such a strong built team? Anyway I'll be at my secret place if you need me.'

"Tommy?" I finally spoke up. "Yea?" Everyone looked at me. "Where's Melody secret place?" "It's an abandoned singing hall down by the river. Why?" "That's where she is. She left a note." I handed him the note as he read it. "I'm going to go get her." I said.

"Come on team." Starfire said. "No just me Star. I need to make some things clear." "Damian don't do anything stupid." Grayson said. I nodded. When it comes to her nothing I do will be.