iv

warning; nsfw

this chapter is waaay longer than
any other chapter i've ever written
in my defense i was in a very
zabdiel mood when i wrote this

being a queen did not make me hate any less the balls we had to sporadically throw. i had a limit when it comes to faking smiles and pretending to know everyone that i welcomed, and i reached that limit long ago. the only familiar face i could find in the crowd was christopher, who had a cup of wine in his hand and was talking to a couple of princes i vaguely remember greeting, though i think i saw joel was among them. i ended up walking towards the gardens, having enough of people drinking and dancing.

i took my crown off, it was definitely heavier than it seemed and i was feeling the beginnings of a headache. i walked around to the side of the stairs so if anyone walked outside, they couldn't see me.

"what are you doing out here, your majesty?"

i jumped at the voice, but quickly relaxed when i saw zabdiel walking around the corner with a smile. i slapped his shoulder.

"you fucking scared me." i laughed and crossed my arms over my chest, still holding the crown.

"hiding from someone?" he stood in front of me.

i tried not to frown as i noticed the distance he was setting between us. "from everyone, actually."

he nodded. "it can get overwhelming, especially when you're the host."

"and i thought it was bad when i was a princess." we laughed and i looked down. "i can't stop thinking about you. after what happened at sebastian's."

i heard his breathing alter its rhythm. i looked up, but he had his back towards me now. i instantly regretted mentioning it, maybe i mistook his intentions and he actually regretted our kiss.

but then i felt him pull me towards me, and a pair of soft lips engulfed mine. i wasted no time in wrapping my arms around his neck and pull him closer. i sighed softly against his lips and he noticed, pulling away to ask me if i was okay.

i nodded, keeping my firm grip around him. "i just... was beginning to think you regretted it."

"you have no idea how long i've waited for this."

his lips were on mine again, silencing me before i even asked what he meant. deep down i knew what he meant and i had been waiting for that long too. i tried to convince myself that i loved christopher while silently lusting for zabdiel.

the moment his lips met mine when we were in sebastian's house all the feelings i had bottled up exploded. i couldn't hold myself back any longer. it was clear who i truly loved. it was too late, i was already married to christopher and only death could do us part.

we pulled away to catch our breaths. my crown slipped from my fingers, i tried to catch it but instead it bounced off the wall and landed on the ground, making a loud sound that was certain to attract the guards.

"who is there?"

i cursed under my breath, then i told zabdiel to kneel down behind me and my dress would prevent the guards from seeing him. just when i adjusted my dress, a knight rounded the corner and narrowed his eyes to find the intruder. his eyes widened when he realized it was just me.

"pardon me, your majesty. i thought we had intruders."

i felt fingers ghosting over my thighs, then my skirt moved. i played it off as if i was the one moving it to adjust it. i was about to reply, but the same fingers now rested on my inner thigh. i let out a shaky breath.