𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝗈

★   ★   ★

chapter two • harmony
R A Y H A A N R O Y F E R N A N D E Z

★   ★   ★

"You should've seen the way Mr. Shakur was left speechless!" Dad kept boasting about what I did at the meeting room this morning to mom over dinner. I kept smiling while eating my food. Cal, as usual, is just listening to the whole conversation.

"Jokes aside, don't you think he's a bit of a pain in the neck to Ray? All I hear from you both is the way he's treating our boy like crap. He's always going against Ray." Mom becomes worried about me.

"I mean, yes but first of all he's our project manager. We need him in our company. After Ray, he's literally the best in our company. Secondly, Ray is able to handle anything. I'm sure Mr. Shakur isn't a threat to him. Am I right, beta?"

"Absolutely. Don't worry, mom. He's not a threat to me. Yes, dad's right. He's the best employee in our company. But still, I really couldn't care less about what he thinks about me or whenever he goes against me. I'm still higher and I've got dad on my side."

"Exactly. So, don't worry, honey. If something goes out of hand, you know I'll take action. I can't just sit and watch either of my kids getting in trouble."

Mom smiles. "If you say so. Just be careful with him. Just in case because he really gives off a bad vibe to me."

"I'll make sure we're careful, honey. Don't worry." Dad reassures her. "So Cal, how was uni today?"

"It was okay, dad. Nothing new."

"When will your car be done?"

"Probably by next week, dad. I really hope it'll be done sooner, I can't keep bothering bhaiya to give me a ride. Especially since he's busy with work. I even heard today he became Vin Diesel on the road." Calvert jokes about what I said to him when I picked him up from uni. Mom didn't know about it so she was pretty shocked.

"What do you mean??" She questions with her eyebrows squeezed.

"Oh shit. I wasn't supposed to say that?" Cal whispers to me.

"No, you're good. Don't worry."

"It's nothing, mom. I just had an emergency meeting to attend." I tried to make some damage control but it didn't work.

"Didn't I specifically tell you to drive safe??"

"It's not his fault, honey. I was the one who called him to inform that we had an emergency meeting. And I told him not to drive fast so he didn't drive too fast. It's not his mistake."

"Now look, father supporting his son." Mom looks so done and I feel like laughing but that would only make things worse so I swallow it.

" Mom looks so done and I feel like laughing but that would only make things worse so I swallow it