Chapter 38

Blue eyes blink open.  

Alareyn didn't know how long he had fallen asleep. 

At first, he didn't remember what happened until a vision of Gwyneth crosses his mind. He quickly sits up and threw the blanket away when something caught the corner of his eye. He turns to his left to find Elder Gregory smoking a pipe near the open window. One thing he knows about the particular Elder is his admiration of sunset. Something about the streak of orange on the skies that slowly changes to velvet enthralls Gregory and he never misses a single day to see the natural phenomenon.

It almost like the Elder longed for something.  

"I see you've awakened."

His gruff voice snaps Alaryen back to reality and he didn't want to waste time here when Gwyneth and Eydis are in grave danger, "I must go, Gregory."

The Elder blew a smoke while Alareyn gets dressed, "And get yourself killed before you could save her Majesty? Not a chance, young man. You must complete the training or all efforts will be for naught."

Alareyn took a strong stride towards the Elder and the old man still didn't turn around to meet the angry blue-gold eyes, "Tell me why?"

"As I said before, you will be killed before you could save them and I don't want her Majesty mourning for you at such a young age."

The Queen's mate attempts to say something but snap his mouth shut when Blue suddenly talks inside his head, 'I think we should listen to him...''

'And just leave Gwyneth and Eydis to the hands of Zeena? Would you willing to ignore them completely for the sake of our training?' he asked with bitterness.

His wolf growled, 'I never said to ignore them completely! I too would want to save them but what the Elder said was true and...'

This pique his interest, 'And?'

Blue keeps pacing on the back of his mind with a worried expression, 'I don't think we're going to face just Zeena...'

Elder Gregory let the last smoke escape his mouth before turning around to face Alareyn's distressed face. He pats the boy's shoulder with courage lacing his every word, "I'm not saying we're not going to save her. I'm just saying you need a few training before you're facing the real threat. What you faced soon will test you if you're a worthy ruler of our kingdom and the Protector of his people. When the time comes, you need to make a decision that will decide our future and I know it's not an easy task... but we'll help you take one step at a time."

He squeezes Alareyn's shoulder, "The other Elders is trying to find her and Eydis at the moment." 

The revelation lit up Alareyn's face and before he could say anything, Gregory lifts his hand and walks to the door before saying, "Meet me at Lupus' Peak. There's someone I want you to meet before we start your training. And Alareyn?"

Blue eyes on the old man and he found a sad smile, "We will get them back safely."

After a full dressed in the thickest winter clothes, Alareyn climb the steps with snows raining hard on his path. Puffing a breath from his mouth, he rubs his hand together to get rid of the cold eating the temperature of his body. He wondered why the Elder wanted to meet him at the highest peak of Lupus. Though, he wouldn't complain because the snowfall stops as a scenery view from where he stood were beautiful from the mountain range to the silky veil of Aurora painted on the night sky. Crescent moon hovering above him illuminates the upper part of the mountain and boots crunch beneath him. Once he rounds the corner to ascend the steps, he found several rock pillars with the symbol of the moon and that told him it's the right path.