Chapter 28

"Finally."

Gwyneth stretches her arms up and sighed in relief after checking every document Phoebe had sent to her. The minute she steps into her office a week ago, the sight of papers stacking on her desk scared her and with a groan, she works non-stop from day till night. Due to this, her time with Alareyn before had been limited and her mate would stay up all night so she wouldn't feel alone. It was sweet of him and they would sleep together on his bed.

Only sleep. 

They've kissed and touched each other but never gone beyond that. Her fingers went to her lips where she still feels his intimate kiss from this morning and how hot she felt under his smoldering gaze. His physique body had undergone tremendous change since Micah introduced him to a few skilled warriors in the Royal military barrack. The scars still paint his body and Alareyn was cautious of them the first time he trained outside. Gwyneth knew he was embarrassed and asked Ruka, the Head warrior, to help her mate. 

With a little persuasion, Alareyn manages to overcome his shame and train harder each day. Trainees would join him and end up helping him how to defend and fight. It's a start and Alareyn was relieved to do something instead of dwelling inside his room. There are times when the Queen would pass by and stops one moment to stare at the man of her heart. Iris would howl in the back of her mind when they saw him half-naked on the field and beads of sweat drop down his body in a tempting way. Men nor women couldn't take their eyes off him and she had to bite back her growl whenever their eyes stayed longer on him than necessary.  

She was cut off from her thoughts when someone knocks on the door, "Come in."

An old man with a height taller than average appears in the doorway with a stoic face. His hair is ginger-red with eyes the color of emerald. His massive body and fighting skill earned him the title of a fierce Head Warrior in Lupus and nearby Alpha would seek his help in training their pack. There is also a woman in the same league as him but she comes from the Derellium Pack whose mate is a Beta. Royal Head Warrior, Ruka Hoft, enters with a bow and then stands straight. His voice comes out gruff, 

"You see me?"

What's interesting about Ruka is his way of talking. He never spoke not more than ten words in a sentence. It's been his way of interaction and Gwyneth didn't mind, "How is he?"

He understands her question right away, "Your mate good. Still fresh."

The Queen let out a soft laugh, "You make him sound like a lump of meat, Ruka."

"Fresh but attentive. Only need roughness."

She frowned, "Not too much. I don't want him to be in pain as the previous night."

He shakes his head and crossed his arms, "He decides. Not me."

She sighed and knew he was right. It was Alareyn's decision to be involved in training after he witnessed a group of young trainees fighting each other in a defensive position. It fascinates him and told Gwyneth one night about the matter. She didn't want him hurt but her mate is stubbornly persuasive. In the end, she gave up and let him join the training. It worried her to the extent she sent Micah to oversee Alareyn's performance. 

And make sure he is safe and not hurt. 

"Seen Reda? Phoebe worried," Ruka asked her. 

Gwyneth taps her fingers on her chin and shakes her head, "I haven't seen him. Why?"

"Eyes terrible. He fishy."

"Suspicious you mean?" She asked. 

He nodded and want to say something when someone knocks on the door. Ruka went to the door and open it to reveal Phoebe. Her gray eyes widen at the sight of him then thanked him before entering the room. She brought a green gift box in her hands and Gwyneth narrow her eyes at the mystery box, "What's that?"