↫ Chapter 4 ↬

The forest is greener in the western part of her kingdom and she got fascinated by the view. Mountain of Lupus is so high that it touches the sky and can be seen throughout her kingdom. The mountain is located north of her pack which is the center of Úlfr kingdom and the name of her pack is taken from there; Lupus Pack. A massive pack of more than ten thousand members including the humans.

"We're entering the human territory," Phoebe informed her.

The car slowed as they enter a bridge. A human checked on their car beforehand and bowed to her Majesty before letting them through. He opens his cap in polite gesture and nodded to the rest of the warriors. The human territory they entered is under her protection and considered as her pack members after the struggle of winning their hearts. They live in harmony ever since while some don't. They say it's because of their differences whilst the obvious answer contradicts their reason.

They were afraid of her kind.

Instead of dwelling on such grim thoughts, she focuses on the outside. Humans filled up the streets and curious eyes follow her cars. They probably wonder whose inside, she smiled. After going through the streets for thirty minutes, they finally out to the main road. It's her second time being outside her pack and she is very nervous. Last time had been with the late King and Queen, and she misses them dearly. She shakes her head and concentrates on the main goal; her destined mate.

There are about thirty packs to visit and she knew she couldn't visit all after she found hers. Once she caught his scent, she led her wolf to take over. Wolf's instincts and senses are better when it comes to reuniting two souls. It is a gift given to the werewolves by Moon. And soulmates can be a different kind other than hers which raises conflicts between earthlings. Some reject their destined just to be with the ones who are not. It hurts her seeing many of them end up heartbroken.

Sometimes, this happens because something better awaits them.

Finally, the car enters the Esver pack borders. The pack consist of three hundred members and they are ruled by Alpha Dwayne and Luna Jacklyn. They'll be the first pack she's visiting this week. A few patrols were already waiting on the border. Once her Majesty's car on the sight, they change into wolves and guide her car towards the pack-house where everyone is waiting.

Due to the chaos in the kitchen and dining hall, Luna Jacklyn received a headache and she needs a long rest. After hearing her majesty's visits from her husband, she's been working non-stop with her mate busy checking on the pack's file in the office. His patrol had mind-link them of her majesty's arrival and all of them are excited to meet her up close. After working on the files, Alpha Dwayne massages his temple and found his mate lying down on the sofa resting. Her neck exposes his mark.

Memories start entering his mind and he thanked the moon for his life mate. Despite their unforgivable past and heated arguments, they still basked in each other's warmth and he wouldn't change these feelings for the world. He is content being with her. He drops to his knees and kisses her neck. She stirs awake and moaned when he hits the mark, "Dwayne.."

He couldn't help but feel aroused by her voice. He continues his assaults and ends up crawling on top of her. Her headache long forgotten when he touches her skin under the dress and the thought of her majesty visiting flew out of the window. They almost undress each other when someone mind-link them of their Queen entering the pack-ground. She giggles when he drops his head on the crook of her neck, clearly displease someone interrupting their moment.

"We'll get back to this," She gives a soft kiss before tapping him to get up.

He moves away and takes her hand. She stands up and was about to leave when his arms prevent her from turning away and kiss her again. She sighs against his kiss and wound her arms around his neck. He never gets enough of her. He grins at her dazed face after they parted and wink, "tonight."

Both of them left the office and aren't aware of the frantic pack members downstairs. All of them are nervous and wanted everything to look pleasing to the queen's eyes. Just in time, rows of black cars curving down the road and stops in front of their pack-house. Alpha Dwayne and Luna Jacklyn stand in the pathway. The alpha notices his mate shaking so he grabs her hand and kisses it. Some members had stepped out to greet the young queen while others peeking through the curtain.

Royal warriors step out of their car and hurriedly stand in line for the queen. Esver Pack Patrols appear after they changed back to human and position themselves in line behind their Alpha. All of them waited. The car door opens and Beta Phoebe steps out. She bows to the Alpha and Luna in presence then turns back to her highness. She climbs out of the car and beams broadly at jaw-dropping members.

Queen Gwyneth is beautiful in her light-colored blue uniform today and the small tiara on her head twinkle under the sun, making it looks like a halo above her. Every pack member of Esver is completely surprised at how grown she is from a closer look. The pictures and television didn't do justice to her unparallel beauty. They've been under her rule for six years yet her stunning figure never fails to enthrall them.

"Welcome to Esver Pack, Your Majesty." Both Alpha and Luna bowed to her. The pack followed them as well and greet her. 

"Rise," Her voice commands them and they obey, "Thank you for welcoming us and thank you for your patrols. They are very reliable."

The Alpha sees his patrols wear proud smiles. He smiles and thanked her, "I'll be sure to inform them. Shall we proceed to my office?"

The young queen was going to say something when her stomach suddenly growling. It needs food. She was in a hurry this morning that she forgot to eat her breakfast. She flushed after everyone looks at her in amusement. They definitely heard her.

Luna Jacklyn steps forward and her green eyes sparkle, "Let's eat first and fill your stomach with food. Thankfully, we had prepared a feast for all to enjoy."

Gwyneth didn't have time to decline because the Luna and female members dragged her to the dining hall. Alpha Dwayne apologizes to beta Phoebe for her behavior. She smirks a little and didn't mind, "It shows how much her people care for her well-being."

Alpha Dwayne looks at her then agreed, "You're right. Let's go to the dining hall before they stuffed her with no limits."