Chapter XXIX

"What mankind can imagine is what mankind can make into reality. The imagination is a weapon. It is far superior than anything else in the world." ~Licht Jekylland Todoroki (Servamp)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Not even a minute after we stepped foot in Hollow Bastion we saw a row of Soldier Heartless roam about in the town. Sora stood, arms crossed as we watched them pass by. "Wait a sec...I thought everything was supposed to be under control here!" He stated.

"Hey, look!" Donald pointed to the hologram circular platform that roamed about, being the world's protection service. It was always blue but now its white, which was weird.

"Must be Organization XIII again," Sora said. "We better go see Leon."

As we headed into the Town Square we ran into Scrooge, who was holding a sea-salt ice cream stick in his hand. "Bless me bagpipes!" He cried. "I did it! I recreated sea salt ice cream!"

"Mmm! Can we try some?" Donald asked.

"Of course!" He nodded as he handed each of us the frozen treat. I licked the ice cream, tasting the almost disgusting saltiness before the sweet sugar invaded my taste buds. "Delicious..." I murmured, a feeling of familiarity ran through me as I saw a flash of a memory of me enjoying this ice cream with a dear friend.

"Oh boy!" Donald smiled. "This is good!"

"So salty!" Sora cried.

"But sweet!" Goofy added.

"Aye," Scrooge said. "It's unique! When I was a lad, all the kids were crazy for it."

We savored our frozen treat as we headed to the Borough as the defensive system skimmed past Donald, almost running into him. Monkey Heartless appeared with a yellow skin that looked like the insides of a computer, moving about in a robotic manner.

I quickly finished the dessert as we fought off the small group of Heartless, with the protection system giving us no help. I accidentally stepped on it and it zapped me, causing me to shriek and jump. Luckily, the group gave us no problem and we finished them off. Once we were done, the door to the house in front of us cracked open and Yuffie pocked her head out before exiting the house. "Come on it!" She welcomed us into the Restoration base .

"Wait just a second..." Sora started. "What happened to this place?"

"Didn't that Heartless look like the ones from Tron's world?" Goofy asked.

"Plus, the defense system isn't helping us," I added. "It zapped me!"

"C'mon, just get inside!" Yuffie yelled as we followed her in. Cid was glued to the computer with Merlin beside him as he was furiously typing away at some code. "Hurry up, Cid!" Yuffie said as she shut the door and came up to his side.

"Give me a second!" Cid shouted.

"Confound out! Hurry!" Merlin yelled.

"Why, you...!" Cid snapped.

"What's going on?" Sora asked.

Everyone stopped what they were doing to turn around and face all of us. "Talk about yer good timin'!" Cid sighed.

"The MCP is wreaking havoc inside the computer," Yuffie explained.

MCP? This must have to do when the time Sora, Donald and Goofy were trapped inside that computer. In this case, I decided to tune them out slightly as I let them deal with the situation. Hey, I had no idea was going on, and i wasn't going to jump in when i don't even know how I can help! "Not again!" Donald cried.

"Accordin' to Leon, anyway..." Cid said. "He went on over to Ansem's study to find out what all the ruckus was about. Turns out the MCP is using the data in that computer to crank out Heartless. The MCP's been messin' around with the town's control system, too."