Chapter IX

"A half moon...a bright half and a dark half...just like ME." ~Yuno Gasai (Future Dairy)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We entered Beast's Castle. "So, is this where he lives?" I asked.

"Looks gloomy," Sora commented. A loud roar echoed through the castle.

"Let's investigate that," Donald said.

We walked around until we entered a living room. It had two chairs, a fireplace, and a coffee table with a sparkling pink rose that petals were falling down slowly in a glass container. The Heartless appeared and surrounded the rose. We drew out our weapons and began to fight them. For every one Heartless that was defeated, three more took its place. Soon, they were multiplying to the point where it was out of control. "SOMEBODY HELP US!!!" Donald shouted.

Then, Beast appeared, slamming the door open. He gave a loud roar and knocked a Heartless away. The rest disappeared in fear that they will suffer under his wrath. "Hey, Beast!" Sora waved. "It's good to see you again!"

Beast ignored Sora and swiped him and I. We flew across the living room and hit one side of the wall. Donald and Goofy screamed and they were also knocked in one side of the wall. Beast picked up the glass container, held it protectively to himself, and left the living room. "What's up with him?" I demanded. "It seems like he had a bad day."

"Must be," Donald muttered. "A really bad day." He rubbed his cheek where Beast had hit him.

We left the living room and went up the stairs into one of the wings of the castle. At the end of the wing, there was a huge door. Sora shushed us. We crept over to the entrance of the door. Inside, there was mumbling. It sounded female. Donald ran back a little and charged towards the door. "Donald--" I cried as he smashed through the door. Well, more like the door opened before he hit it.

"Hey," Donald squinted. "Who opened the door?"

There was a girl with brown hair, a white dress, a baby blue apron, and black flats was at the door. "Oh, I'm so glad you're here!" She gushed, picking up Donald and crushing him in a hug. "Donald!" She saw us. "Sora! Goofy! And...who are you?"

"Sakura," I waved.

"Hi Belle!" Sora said.

"Put me down!" Donald yelled. "Put me down!"

Belle gasped and set Donald down. He shook his head and got up. "What's up with Beast?" I asked.

"I don't know," she sighed. "He always locks himself in the West Wing. We don't talk like usual. He's been acting strange, and I don't know why. The people who would most likely would know why he's acting like this are the staff, who he had locked up in the dungeon. I want to help but--"

"Wait, who locked who up?" Sora asked.

"Beast locked up his servants in the dungeon," Belle explained.

"But why?" Donald said.

"That's what I don't know," she replied.

"Hmmm..." Sora pondered. "Where's this dungeon?"

"You can get to the undercroft from the west hall. The dungeon is down there."

"Thanks."

"Be careful!"

Sora gave her a thumbs up and we left Belle's bedroom. Following her directions, we came down where the dungeon was. In front on the entrance was a wardrobe. I leaned against it and pushed it. It barely budged. "Sora!" I cried. "Donald! Goofy! Give me a hand here!"