Chapter 12

Sierra's POV

"Get on the bed, bitch." He yelled.

"Please, I just-"

"I said get your ass over there!" He slapped me.

"Stop!" I cried. "Mason, please!"

He pushes me against the wall, aggressively groping the sensitive spot on my neck, just above my collar bone.

"Are you going to listen?" I look away from him.

"Sierra, look at me."

I opened my eyes to see not Mason, but Harry.

I couldn't breath. I was lying on my back, on top of him in his arms, covered in sweat, my lungs unable to function.

I was finally able to take a breath when I could focus enough to look into his eyes.

"Look at me, It's okay, it was just a dream." I just looked up into his eyes.

"I...I'm sorry." I wiped my face with my hands. Harry sat up with me tightly in his arms and slowly rocked back and forth.

"Don't be sorry. You haven't done anything wrong." He kisses my cheek and I am able to breathe again. "Do you want to go inside?"

Before I could say yes, Harry stood up and carried me upstairs to my bedroom.

He lies me down, knocking a picture off of my nightstand.

"Shit, I got it." He bends down and picks up the picture. "Hey, is this your dad?"

It was an old picture of my dad and I at Disney when I was about four.

"Yeah, it is... wait, how did you know?" I asked

"You two look alike." He smiles.

We looked alike.

Harry's POV

"What's wrong?"

"My dad and I didn't have a very good relationship.." she looked up at the ceiling. "He used to beat my mother and I."

That's when I regret asking. "Oh, I'm so sorry I shouldn't have asked." But she just smiled at me.

"It's fine. You didn't know."

I grab her hands and hold them inside my own. I notice tiny lines running across her arms.

"What is this? Sierra, do you cut?"

She pulls her hands away. "No."

I pull her arm back over to examine it. Tiny scars run up her wrists, a few that haven't healed yet, these are recent.

"Why?" I ask.

"Why not?" she shrugged.

"Sierra you have to stop."

"I can't." she argues.

"Yes you can."

"It's not that simple, Harry. It's like taking drugs from an addict. You can't just stop out of no where, it's a process."

I thought for a minute.

"Go take a shower."

"What? Why?" Sierra asks.

"Because I'm taking you out."

...

Sierra's POV

I turned off the water and rubbed the fogged-up mirror with my hand. It didn't help, the fog just covered the glass again within a few seconds.

I messed up on my makeup twice, but after it looked decent, I slipped my dress on. It was a frilly black and white dress that went halfway down my thighs. The bottom was really thick, so it looked sort of like a tutu. It honestly looked like something straight off of a Tumblr blog, but it was my absolute favorite dress.

I blow dried my hair and curled it, then ran upstairs to my room.

"Harry, can you zip my dress?"

His eyes scan me up and down. "Yeah, sure." He came up behind me and grazed his lips along the side of my neck, giving me butterflies in the pit of my stomach.

I catch my breath. "Don't do that!" I laugh.

He zips up the back of my dress. "Sorry, couldn't help myself." He winks at me. "Are you ready?" He asks me, fastening his tie.

"Yeah. Where did you even get that suit?"

"I happened to have one in my car." He takes my hand. "You look really hot." He says and I look away. "Shit, you look beautiful. New to this."

I kiss him quickly and we head outside to the car.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"It's a secret." He smiles.