Chapter 6

His lips were nearly touching mine, and he slowly closed his eyes...

Then he stopped.

....

"I have to go." Harry muttered as he stood up, leaving me sitting there on the floor.

"What? Why? We were jus-"

"Because I just have to go." he snapped at me. What the hell? Mood swings much?

"I-" Before I could finish speaking, the door opened and Jaimie's head poked in.

"Sierra it's been like ten minutes! What's taking so..." Her eyes darted to me on the floor, then Harry, and back and forth between us.

"What the hell Harry!" Jaimie yelled. "It's her first day! Just give the poor girl a break!" Her eyes then landed on me. "Sierra I told you to stay away from him! He's too dangerous!" My heart sunk. I didn't know who to believe. But then again, I never know who to believe.

Before I could speak, Harry stomped towards the door. "You didn't see shit, Jaimie." He snarled.

Then he was gone.

"Come on, Sierra." Jaimie helped me up. "Did he hurt you?" She asked, concerned.

"No, I'm fine. I have to go. I'll see if I can come over tomorrow, okay?" Before Jaimie could answer, I was already heading down the halls.

....

When I got to my house, I immediately made my way up to my room.

"Sierra, there's dinner on the table if you want some." My mom called to me.

"No thanks, mum I'm not hungry." I turned the lights off, put my headphones in, and sat down on my bed. Then I just cried. I cried until I was so exhausted that I fell asleep.

I hate it here. I knew I would.

And now I'm lying here, dreaming of green-eyed, curly-haired boys with tattoos and piercings, the exact opposite of anything I have ever dreamt of.

Harry's POV

I was finishing packing up my gym clothes, when I heard the door open.

I looked over. It was her. What was her name...something exotic...like the soda...Sierra? That's what it was.

She didn't seem to notice me until she turned around, and shock washed over her face and her face went pale. She stumbled away from me and just stared at me as if she couldn't speak.

"Well?" I raised an eyebrow at her. "Say something."

"I...I don't know what to say." she muttered softly.

"Anything." I took a small step closer and reached for her hand to comfort her. I don't know why. I couldn't stop myself.

"Don't touch me!" She screamed at me and slapped my hand. What the hell? I'm trying to help her!

"Hey!" I snapped and reached for her arm. She struggled to escape my grip, but I knew I was too strong for her.

"Stop, Don't hurt me!" She screamed. Hurt her? Why would she think I was trying to hurt her? I wrapped my arms around her waist and picked her up so I could sit her down on the floor.

She started to cry and I tried to calm her. I don't understand why she was so afraid...Well I guess putting her down would help...

"Shhh!" I calmed her. "I'm not trying to hurt you." I gently sat her down on the floor and she buried her face in between her knees.

"Hey..." I sat down in front of her.

She just kind of sat there for a while and cried. I felt sort of bad for her.

"Look at me." I said in a calm voice. She just shook her head. "Sierra, Please?" I asked nicely. I began to question why I was being nice. It's not like me. She finally looked up into my eyes. "You're eyes are beautiful…I mean...shit, sorry I didn't mean to say that out loud." she said, embarrassed, which was the most adorable thing. I laughed.

"Thanks." I smiled softly at her.

Without thinking, my hand reached up and cupped her cheek, and surprisingly, she didn't stop me. I'm getting too caught up in this.

"You look beautiful." I whispered and began to lean closer to her. Our lips were nearly touching, and I began to close my eyes.

Then I stopped myself.

This is all wrong. What was I even doing in the first place? No, I need to get out of here.

"I have to go." I muttered and stood up, leaving her there on the floor.

"What? Why? We were jus-"

"Because, I just have to go." I snapped. I shouldn't have said anything to her when she saw me. I should have just left.

But I didn't.

"I-" Before she could finish her sentence, the door opened and her little friend Jaimie's head poked in.

"Sierra it's been like ten minutes! What's taking so..." Her eyes darted to Sierra, then me, and back and forth between the two of us.

"What the hell Harry!" Jaimie yelled at me. "It's only her first day! Just give the girl a break!" Her eyes darted to Sierra. "Sierra I told you to stay away from him! He's too dangerous!" The words hit me pretty hard. She was right, I'm too dangerous. Besides, I don't even date. I'm just getting caught up in some excitement. I don't actually care about her. I just think I do. Hormones are fucked up.

Before anyone else could say anything, I stomped over to the door. "You didn't see shit, Jaimie," I growled.

Then I left.

....

I got home huffed when I got in the door. I went to my room and grabbed a beer.

I don't actually like her, now she thinks I like her.

Great.

Just great.