chapter 24

Salve, Romans! Things are about to get real serious after this chapter! I hope that you're ready for the ride of your life <3

p.s.-not edited, so please excuse any errors! Enjoy!

Chapter 24

"I thought you were imprisoned by the Gods." Maximus finally broke the eerie silence.

"I was, but it's a long story."

"Maximus! I've come to tell you that—oh!" Fabiana walked out of their home, only to realize that there was a naked man standing in front of her husband.

Maximus quickly ran to his mate and wrapped his arms around her protectively. He guided her back towards the atrium and whispered delicate things into her ear. Their love was precious, and Naledi was happy to have someone who adored her as she did him.

Maximus soon emerged from the home again with a cloth in his firm hand. He offered it to Titus when he approached them.

"Here," Titus gratefully took the material from him. "Just so you don't give my daughter a show as well."

"Daughter?" he asked while tying the cloth around his waist, leaving his exposed chest for everyone to see.

Naledi growled, which cause both men to snap their attention towards her. Titus only grinned, however, because he knew the reason. He delivered her an assuring smile to comfort her.

"Only you," he whispered in her ear seductively.

Oh yeah, she thought to herself. He's getting some of my goodies later.

"I didn't know that you had a family after all these years," Titus turned his attention back to his former Beta. "What happened to you? To all of the things we did?"

Maximus turned his head guiltily.

"I'm not the same man I was, Titus." Maximus soon whipped his head up, fixing his eyes upon the mark on his neck. He took a few steps forward and inhaled the scent that was surrounding him.

"You have been marked by Naledi?" Maximus turned towards Naledi to see a matching mark. "And he has marked you? You were never meant to have a mate, Titus. How in the Underworld did that happen?"

Titus wrapped an arm around her waist, and pulled her closely by his side.

"I'm still not sure, Maximus." He turned to stare into his woman's swirling eyes. "But I know that she has changed me, and I am in love with her."

A tear escaped her shimmering eye, but Titus caught it with his finger and licked it off with his tongue. "Delicious."

Naledi was blushing furiously, especially since they were not alone. Maximus cleared his throat to gain their attention. Fortunately, it worked.

"There is much to discuss, between all of us." He stated.

"I agree," Titus said with a serious expression. His Alpha mode was on, and ready to take charge and protect his true love. "We need to tell you everything, Maximus. There is much to learn and figure out."

"Daddy!" a small voice shouted from behind them.

"Gemma, what are you doing out here. I told you to stay inside."

The little girl widened her eyes. Her father was wrapped around her little finger and she knew it. Maximus picked her up and placed a tender kiss on top of her head.