Chapter 5

Bonjour readers! I hope you all are loving the story so far! I want to dedicate this to Kaya345 for being the fisrt to comment on my story. And thank you to everyone who is reading as well. I take great satisfactory in bringing happiness through words.

I know the story is starting off a bit slow, but I have my reasons. Hopefully this chapter will get things going. I'm always eager to introduce new characters :)

Chapter 5

"Who is this?" Proserpina inched closer towards the Naledi and Pluto. Her voice carried like a soothing melody. It brightened the dim room and filled her heart with joy.

Naledi looked over to the God of the Underworld as he watched the Goddess with tenderness and love. She found it hard to believe that he could feel such compassion for something after their initial meeting.

She had read in her Mythology book that Pluto had fallen in love with Proserpina the first moment he laid eyes on her. The young Goddess did not want to live in the Underworld with him, but agreed to stay only when she was not needed for spring. Fall and winter were the cause of her mother, Ceres the Goddess of the Harvest and Agriculture, mourns for her daughter while she is away with Pluto.

"Now is not a good time, Proserpina." Pluto whispered softly as she took her place next to him.

The light in her eyes seemed dull, as if she dreaded being here. Naledi couldn't blame her. Pluto was a very handsome man, but his personality was definitely uninviting. His gaze met Naledi's once more, with nothing but bitterness. It was clear that she did not reciprocate the same feelings for him as he did her.

"You're unbelievable." She scoffed.

His features hardened at the mortal in front of him. How dare anyone speak to a God in such a manner! Had he not needed her to his advantage or with Proserpina standing next to her, he would take great pleasure in killing her.

"I am sorry to interrupt you, but you are needed in the foyer. Brutus has requested your presence to confirm the Anima Lupi ceremony." Proserpina said to Pluto.

He grunted before fixing his eyes on the pair of bright chartreuse ones. It seemed that the Gods had unnatural shades of colored eyes, but they were mesmerizing.

"I cannot leave right now. I have to deal with this foolish mortal." Naledi and Pluto began to size one another.

The God had never met a woman so fierce as this one. Most mortals would cower and beg for their lives in his presence, but this one was very different, and he needed to be careful. He knew that she was a werewolf. He could sense the fact, but it still gave her no reason to challenge him as she did.

"I can take care of her while you are gone. It shouldn't take but only a few moments. She can't get very far anyways." She lightly smiled as she rested her small hand on his wide shoulder.

He looked between the two women, analyzing to see if it was a good idea or not. After minutes of just standing there, he reluctantly headed for the red doors.

"If you even think about trying to leave, I will find you and place suffering upon you for eternity." He threatened before walking out of the room.

The threat had no effect on Naledi. The atmosphere became less tense with just her and Proserpina. She still couldn't believe the sole focus of her studies had been standing right in front of her, although one of them was a paranoid menace. She felt guilt for the Goddess. How could anyone put up with such a vile man?