First Impressions

"Okay Luna, act normal and they'll like you... oh who am I kidding, I'm pacing in front of their door like a crazy person!" Luna said, sighing and sitting down by the door. She had been outside for about twenty minutes now, contemplating on when she would knock on the door. "Come on Luna, you can do this," she mumbled, standing up and gently tapping on the door.

Foxy answered, coming face to face with a female inkling. Her tentacles (?) were lilac and she wore a gray beanie. She had a gray hoodie on and black leggings. "Hello. You must be Luna?" Foxy said, opening the door slightly more so Luna could come in.
"Um.. yep! You must be Foxy? I'm here about- wait you know what I'm here about, sorry... well, um, should I introduce myself to the others?" Luna said, peeking her head through the door and spotting an Inkling and an Octoling sitting near a desk.
"Sure, come in," Foxy said. Luna stepped into the little apartment making her way to the sofa in the corner of the room.
Luna took a deep breath and changed her attitude completely. "Hi! I'm Luna! So great to meet all of you!" She exclaimed, swinging her legs back and forth like a child.
"Hi Luna! I'm Nova! This here is Karisma! Mints not here at the minute, which is the whole reason your here!" Nova explained, mischief twinkling in her eye. Karisma caught onto this and tapped Nova on the arm, silently telling her not to do anything stupid.

Luna sat in the corner, observing her new, but temporary, teammates and how they all interacted. It was a fun but calming atmosphere, making Luna sigh and sit back into the corner of the sofa. Maybe this team may not be as bad as her other one after all...
A knock came from the door, making Luna jump a little. She looked to Foxy who looked at her reassuringly and opened the door to a male inkling who's tentacles (again, idk XD) were an Emerald green.
"Hey Fox! You found a replacement yet? I'm free!" The inkling said, entering the room, completely ignoring Luna's existence.
"Yes Flint, we have a replacement. And before you ask, it's not Dusk. Flint, meet Luna. Luna, this is Flint. My childhood best friend." Foxy said, introducing the two. Luna gave a little wave before she felt déjà vu creep in. His face was familiar, had she seen him before.
Flint seemed to notice her confusion and stared at her. Why was she so familiar?

"Wait..." Luna said, staring at Flint. "I've met you before! We played a few rounds of turf back in my old town!" Luna exclaimed, memory's coming back to her.
"Oh yeah! Wait, Foxy should remember you too then! Don't ya Fox?" Flint said, nudging said Inkling. Foxy stared at Luna, making Luna recoil a bit. She didn't really like making eye contact with people for too long, yup, that's right! The outgoing, confident Luna is socially awkward... well, around strangers that is. Something clicked in Foxy's mind and her face brightened.
"Oh yeah! Your the roller who's team had left he-" Foxy cut herself off, not sure if that was the reason she was here in the first place. Luna looked down and sighed.
"Yeah... they didn't come back... I've been travelling for a while, trying to find a new team, and well, here I am..." Luna said, looking back up at the team. Everything seemed perfect here, maybe a little too perfect.
"Wait... didn't you two have another person with you? It wasn't Nova or Karisma either. Where did she g-" Luna stopped mid sentence, looking to Nova and Karisma. Nova was shaking her head and Karisma just had a finger up to her mouth, silently telling her to stop, which she did.

Foxy and Flint looked at each other and sighed, Flint looking back up at Luna. "She's not with us anymore... it's a long story and I would prefer to tell you later... if that's ok." Flint said, placing a hand on Foxy's shoulder as Luna nodded, quickly trying to change the topic of the conversation.
"Ok... so umm... are we gonna play a round of turf? I'm all up for it if anyone else wants to?" Luna asked, looking at the different reactions from the team. Nova instantly grabbed her Splatling whilst Karisma and Foxy stayed calm, but they both still reached for their weapons as if they were waiting for the words.
"Well, if you guys are gonna play, might as well be against me and my team! We're one of the best teams you could find in this area, so you better start brushing up on your-" Flint was cut off by the creepy stare Luna was giving him. She reached behind her and pulled out her roller, saying nothing. Flint slowly walked backwards, towards the door, walking into the wall as he did so. "Well, um, I've gotta go... do something tooo... prepare? Yes! Prepare for our battle! I'll see you guys later!" Flint said, swinging the door open and sprinting out of the room. After he had left, everyone burst out laughing.
"M-mint used to d-do that!" Nova exclaimed through her laughter as she tumbled off the seat and onto the floor. Everyone was laughing loudly, the fun atmosphere returning after the dark an depressing atmosphere had left, leaving nothing but happiness fill the room.
"But seriously though, we should probably go sign up for the next battle. I'm dying to get out there!" Nova said, leaping from the ground to her feet.
"What are we waiting for then?" Karisma said, grabbing her brush and making her way to the door. Nova followed closely behind, ushering Foxy to grab her sniper and get out the door before she locked her in there.

As the team walked to the sign up place, Luna noticed something. She stopped to look at it for a moment only to be dragged along by Nova. This team was nothing like her old one! They didn't tease her, nor did they abandon her for another team mate. This team felt right. Sure, like any other team, there were imperfections, but it was fine, they would learn how to cover those weak points and eventually become stronger. This was the X Squad, and Luna was happy to be a part of it...

Heyo readers! Again, a small chapter but hey, it's what you get if you want me to update regularly. Sorry that I don't have a regular update schedule, to be honest, I update when I feel like it... I'll probably have to get one though, need to be regular! Anyways, that's all for now! Bye readers!

Next time:
"Wait... you know each other?"