But why?

"But whyyy?" Nova whined, tugging on Mints arm.
"Look Nova, I'm going away for two weeks, you can last that long without me!" Mint replied, shaking Nova's arm off her.
"Why exactly are you leaving..? Is it something we did?" Karisma said nervously, shifting around in her seat.
"No, you guys did nothing wrong, I just want to go see my family for once. I haven't seen them for a while. Look, Dusk is staying here so why don't you-"
"Nope" Foxy replied way too fast for Mints liking.
"Why not?" Mint said, giving Foxy the 'think-of-what-your-about-to-say' eye.
"Look Mint. Dusk is just... Dusk! He prefers playing Defense, which is completely fine, but not when he does it all the time! He complains about being killed and insists that someone watches his back at all times! Not to mention that he's another sniper, and you've already got me, the best sniper!" Foxy said, carefully analysing Mints face to see if she had upset the octoling. Foxy wasn't afraid of Mint... but when she got mad she was scary...
"Hmf... fine! But you'll have to find another replacement for a while, I'm not changing my mind on going to see my parents" Mint said, still glaring at Foxy.
"Noooo, pleeeaase don't leave! We need you!" Nova said, once again clinging to Mints arm, determined not to let go this time.

"Hey guys, what's going on" Flint said, poking his head through the doorway to their room. Everyone just stared at him, silently telling him to leave. Flint, being Flint, didn't get the hint so he entered the room, earning a chorus of sighs from the team. He sat down on the bed next to Foxy, looking at the enraged Mint and the tearful Nova clinging to her arm.
"So, uh, whats up?" Flint asked hesitantly, wondering who would speak up first. Mint looked away, while Nova's tears began to slowly trickle down her face.
"Mints leaving for a few weeks and Nova's sad" Karisma said, pointing out the obvious. Flint stared at Mint with shock, then smiled mischievously.
"So, you'll need a replacement...?" Flint asked, staring straight at Foxy, then looking at Nova and Karisma for their reactions.
"I'd rather you not Flint..." Foxy said, Nova and Karisma agreeing. Flint looked taken aback. How could they not want him on their team... unless
"Your not gonna take Dusk are you?" Flint said, staring at them in shock. "No offence to him but I am waaaay better than him at... well, everything!" Flint shouted, making Foxy wince as he basically just shouted straight in her ear.
"No, were not, we don't know who were using as a replacement yet." Nova replied, wiping her tears away. "And I think you better leave before Mint teaches you a lesson for talking bad about Dusk like you just did"
Flint turned to Mint, who was staring daggers into him, eyes looking almost red. A glint in her eye told him that if he didn't run for his life now, nobody would see him ever again, so he sprinted it out of the room as fast as possible.

Mint stared at the door in which Flint had sprinted from, still glaring holes into it. If looks could kill, Flint and the doorframe would both be on fire.
The atmosphere was so thick you could cut it with a knife... well, that is until Mint started laughing, which in turn made everyone laugh.
"Did y-you see his face?" Mint chocked out between laughs, making the rest of the group laugh harder, if that was even possible. After the laughter stopped, the room was filled with silence.

"W-well... I have to go now, good luck you guys" Mint said, grabbing her suitcase and leaving the room, only to come back in, open her suitcase and find Nova underneath her clothes.
"Heh... uh, hey Mint" Nova said, trying not to sound guilty while the others laughed. Nova got out of the suitcase and gave Mint one last hug before she walked out.
"Well... time to start looking for a temporary replacement" Foxy said, getting up and writing something on a piece of paper.
"Hey, whatcha writing Fox?"Nova questioned, peeking over Foxy's shoulder to see the words 'Looking for temporary team mate for..."
Foxy looked confused, as she turned to Karisma and Nova.
"We need a team name" Foxy said, thinking why they hadn't thought of one sooner. Karisma and Nova looked just as puzzled as Foxy. Karisma's face lit up as she looked to Foxy and said "what about the X squad?" Karisma said excitedly, looking to Foxy for her reaction. Foxy added something to the paper, and as Karisma and Nova looked round her shoulder, she had finished '... the X squad!' And added her phone number to little pull off slips at the end of the paper.

"Let's hope someone finds this soon, I want to fight!" Said Nova as Foxy pinned it to a local board where people put up posters.
"Yeah, me too" said Karisma as they left the square, the poster blowing in the wind as someone entered the square...

Heyo readers! That's the first chapter, I know it's small and bad but ya know, it's what you get. The next chapter will be a bit longer though, well, goodbye for now

Next time:
"Hmm? The X squad hey? Why not..."