A new start

"Ah, so this is the inkopolis information board... no wonder why people were looking at me weirdly when I asked to find the team requests, there are hardly any on here!" Said a young female Inkling. A poster flapped in the wind as it caught the attention of said Inkling.
"Hm, the X squad hey? Why not..." she said, pulling off a slip of paper with all details needed on it.

0o0o0

"Look Foxy, it's been three days, at this point I'd rather have Dusk or Flint on our team and actually fight than be stuck in this room all day waiting for a random inkling or octoling to show up and join us" said Nova, impatiently pacing the room, Splatling in hand.
"Be patient Nova, I'm sure someone will turn up soon" Karisma replied, turning to Foxy for help.
"Nova, calm down already, I'm sure someone will ring anytime soon, we just need to be patient and wait a little longer," Foxy said, walking up to Nova and placing a hand on her shoulder. Since Mint was not here, Foxy had taken the roll of 'motherly figure' for now, even though she would rather sacrifice her sniper than let anyone hug her.
"Can't we just have Dusk or Flint on our team for now? I really wanna at least play one game of turf war..." Nova said pleadingly, throwing her Splatling on her bed.

"Please stop being so impatient Nova. Foxy's right, we just need to wait a little while longer and-" Karisma was cut short by Foxy's phone ringing. Nova scrambled for the phone, throwing it to Foxy, who calmly accepted the call and held her phone up to her ear.
"Hello, this is the X squad, how can I help?" Foxy immediately cringed at how weird that sounded and awaited a reply.
"Um, hi! This is Luna, I saw your poster on the information board and I was wondering if the place was still open?" A young female answered.
"Finally!" Nova whisper shouted and fist pumped the air as Karisma laughed at the exited Inkling.
"Yes, the place is still open, this is Foxy by the way. Would you like to come and meet the rest of the team at our room? We can talk and get to know you a bit more" Foxy suggested, starting at Karisma and Nova and placing a finger on her lips to silence them.
"Um, sure. What numbers your room? I can be there in about half an hour," Luna replied. Foxy gave Luna the details and hung up, awaiting the knock on the door that would signal a change in the teams life. The X Squad was coming together, slowly but surely. A new start was sure to come...

Hi readers! I'm so so sorry I haven't updated in a while, and I'm also sorry that this chapter is so short!! I thought it would be better to get something out even though it was short. Believe me, I have a lot of things planned and this will probably be the shortest chapter in this story ever! Again I'm so sorry! That's all for now readers! Goodbye for now!

Next time:
"Hi! I'm Luna! So great to meet all of you!"