Part 5 - Loving Parents?!

Not sure what it's from but I think it's a pretty accurate representation of the two characters and what their relationship is like. ⬆️

We walked down the street to Neko's house from the cafe. He was right when he said he lived near the lake. It only took like 2 minutes to get there.

"So this is your house? Interesting......." Haruko examined the front of Neko's pretty average house.

"Why do you make it sound like you're planning a mass murder?" I questioned.

"Oh, Uri, I'm always planning a mass murder," he threw his arm around me with a smile.

"... I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that," I assumed he was joking.

"Good call," he replied.

"Neko Nee!! Where have you been?!" a girl suddenly burst out of the house practically in tears.

"I missed you so much! Why didn't you call?! You said you'd be straight home so, when you weren't, I got so worried! I almost asked Riku to go look for you! But I'm so glad you're safe! Don't scare me like that!!" a girl with long white hair ran out and hugged Neko as if he'd been gone for years.

"Eh.... sorry, Mom....." he mentioned as he practically got attacked by the girl.

"Mom....?" I mumbled under my breath.

Oh my god. This explains everything...

"Neko? There you are. You had your mother worried. Where ya been?" a man in a suit came out with dark-reddish hair.

"Mother?!!! Don't make me sound so old, Rin darling!" the girl complained overdramatically.

This is real... people this happy... actually exists....... my mind is blown.

"Sorry if I worried you. I went to the Delights Cafe with Uri senpai and Haru-kun," Neko explained.

"Huh?! You've made friends already?! Oh, that makes me so happy! Would you two like to come in for some food? I'd love to thank you for taking care of my Neko Nee on his first day of school! I was so worried he'd have a hard time," the girl invited us.

"It's not the first time he's ever been to school, love," Rin reminded her.

"I knowww, but still!" Anyana pouted.

"Haha. Well, anyway, I'd love to join you, but I've gotta head back into work. See you tonight, honey," Rin mentioned, kissing the girls cheek then rushing to his car.

"Oh, err, actually... I appreciate the offer, but we should really get back home," I answered, stopping Haruko from saying yes.

"Oh, I see. Well, please feel free to come over any time! Thank you so much for taking care of my Neko!" she bowed down in thanks.

"Um... no problem," I hesitated, not exactly feeling like I deserved a thank you.

All I did was not punch him. Other then that, I haven't exactly been nice to the guy... I guess his parents really do care a lot about him. Wish I could say the same...

Suddenly, I noticed a tall guy standing in the window, looking directly at me from the house.

"Uh..." I gasped, unsure of why he looked like he was trying to set me on fire with his mind.

"I guess I'll see you two tomorrow! Thank you again for the dessert, Haru-kun!" Neko thanked him as we went to leave.

"Hmm? Oh, sure thing," Haruko muttered, raising his hand as a goodbye.

Great. Can we go now?

"Have a nice night, Uri! See you tomorrow!!!" he called as we walked away.

"See ya," I raised my arm without turning back around.