She walked over and sat on a chair next to the window with a sigh. No matter what she did her memory remained blank and pushing further was starting to give her a headache. Dominic seemed to be convinced that she was fine and went over to the sofa. Two of the ghouls, a girl and a guy with tattoos, clung onto his body and pulled him down between them. He casually leaned back and watched the view outside.

"I'm guessing you lost your apetite for the night."

"I can't just ignore what I saw."

One of ghouls leaned on Dominic and pulled on his shirt which was already half undone. He casually avoided the advance and continued talking.

"Has this ever happened before?"

"No, not really. I don't remember seeing anything as vivid as this." she sighed and rubbed her temples, "I thought vampirism would reduce the headaches I had not add to them."

Dominic shrugged, or at least tried to shrug with the two bodies holding him down.

"It's lucky you're even alive, when I saw you at the mansion it looked like your body had been mauled by a shapeshifter."

She looked up at his words,

"I was healed up with magic right?"

"Yeah, and maybe that's what messed up your head."

He stretched his arms and buttoned his shirt up, making the ghouls whine in protest.

"Dark magic isn't something the likes of us should mess with. It never ends well."

His words held the weight of something untold, reminding Emma of the time Kat had started acting weird when the topic switched over to other supernaturals. Before she could ask about it Dominic stood up, rolling down his sleeves and fixing his attire. He turned to the door, ignoring the ghouls calling him back.

"Let's go, this is enough fun for the night."

* * *

Leaves rustled, their car pushing aside branches of several trees that were in the process of getting ready for winter. It had been a few days since their conversation and Kat was finally back with news, taking Emma on another one of those impatient rides. The small Mazda pulled in the driveway of an old building and the engine fell quiet. The last rays of sun had disappeared hours ago.

"Is there a reason we had to go this far to meet him?"

"That's where he said we would meet."

"And we can trust him?"

Kat opened her door and got out, Emma following right after onto the dusty road.

"Trust is a bold sentiment but yeah, we need to take his word for it."

Kat didn't lock the car and instead turned her attention over to the worn down building behind them.

"Vihan is a shade, they tend to choose discreet locations like these for meet ups."

Emma raised a brow.

"A shade?"

"Shadow people, also infobreakers of the underworld. They can blend in the shadows so abandoned places like these are their number one spot."

Emma tilted her head, following after Kat when she walked forward.

"Do other supernaturals live as long as the kindred do?"

"If you're asking about immortality then no, only a few have that. Some supernaturals have long lifespans but they eventually get old. Shapeshifters only live as long as your average human."