||14|| Cherryblod x Reader

||| Old Friends |||
(requested by : @-Hinatai- )

It was a quiet night in the sea, most of the sea dwellers were at home asleep, while others found themselves staying awake for the night, taking in all the beautiful scenery. Just like how the moon's light reflected onto the ocean and the Blue Sea Pearl, making the pearl seem to shine brighter than usual.

It just so happens that you were one of those others, a [fave sea creature] that couldn't sleep the night away. So, you found yourself walking down a path you don't usually walk down, because you felt like you could take a new change of pace.

It was nice, peaceful, and quiet, just how you liked it. But, sometimes, you felt as if you were being watched.

You shrugged it off, but still kept your guard up, just in case.

Which actually turned out to be a good decision, because you ended up being shoved by someone, making you stumble and almost fall.

"Watch it," the person grumble, turning to look at you.

You stared at his red eyes and stood up straight, glaring at the person in front of you, "You're the one who ran into me." You snapped.

His eyes narrowed as he turned to face you, basically  towering over you, "Hasn't anyone told you too watch your attitude?" He asked.

Ah, you thought. He's one of those guys, huh.

"Oh I'm sorry, I wouldn't have an attitude if you hadn't ran into me," You sighed, crossing your arms.

"Do you know who you're even talking too?" He growled.

You shook your head, "No, I don't. Mind telling me?"

He tilted his head before letting out a slight chuckle, "Tch, wow...you're somethin else. The name's Cherryblood."

"Cherryblood?" You quietioned. "Sounds pretty tough, I guess.." you found yourself giggling.

"What're you giggling about?" Cherryblood asked.

"Nothing nothing," you giggled, "it's just, what kind of name is Cherryblood?"

The look on Cherry's face made you giggle more. He was pissed.

"Huh?! Are you making fun of my name?" He asked angrily.

You shook your head again, "No, I'm laughing at your face. Now I see why you call yourself Cherryblood."

"Shut up!"

"Make me, Cherryblood~"

"Ugh, I haven't even known you for 2 minutes and I already hate you!" He snapped, glaring at you.

"Well, why not know me longer then, asshole?" You asked, putting out your hand. "My name's [Y/N]"

Cherryblood huffed, "I'm not taking your fucking hand, bitch."

You giggled, "Alright."

Despite his rude introduction to you, time passed, and yet you found yourself running into him more often, still making fun of each other for the dumbest reasons.

"Nice black eye, Cherry."

"Tch, I know, right? Wanna try it on?"

"You look like shit."

"You are shit, [Y/N]!"

The insults went on and on forever, but you both knew they weren't real insults.

I mean, who would insult their partner in crime?

*

There's a certain memory you remember, about 2 years after you met him. Cherry came to your house, bruised and covered in blood, which wouldn't be all to weird, if it wasn't the fact that he was covered in his own blood.