||6|| Older!Dolphi X Reader

|||I've Missed You|||

I sighed as I looked up at a street lamp back at my home, Deepsea Town. I've just come back from a long trip, you could say I'm a quiet adventurer, I guess. “It's been too long…” I giggle slightly to myself due to my thought. I glanced around and then noticed a familiar house “Oh, right! Wadanohara..!” I gasped, rushing over to the house “How could I forget? Maybe she still lives there with Fukami, Memoca and-and Dolphi…” I stopped, a light blush dusting my face. I will admit, I had a crush on Dolphi, and I still do, but she's never told me the same… I was planning on confessing before I left before, but I never got the chance.

I walked up to the door and hesitated for a moment before knocking on the door. No answer “Maybe they're gon-” “Hello?” a familiar voice asked, opening the door and interrupting me. “F-Fukami!” I stammered while looking at the much taller male “....!? Y/N?” Fukami questioned, looking down at me “You look so different!” I laughed, hugging him “The same goes for you… Where have you been? You've missed so many things that happened here.” He asked, returning the hug “I had to go somewhere.” I sighed, “For how many years?” “Yeah…” We both retreated from the hug and stayed silent for a moment. That was until another familiar voice piped up “Fukami! Who is it- Y/N!?” the voice yelped, making me look behind Fukami “Wadanohara!” I exclaimed, grabbing the sea witch and hugging her “Y/N! It's you!” Wadanohara replied happily, hugging back. “We should go inside, people are going to start wondering what’s going on.” Fukami said blankly, walking back inside “Right,” I nodded, letting Wadanohara go “let's go inside.” “Yeah, I'm sure Memoca and Dolphi will be happy you're back home.” Wadanohara smiled, following Fukami. I sighed and followed also.

Once we got inside, I immediately saw a grey dorsal fin “Dolphi.?” I questioned, walking towards the couch. The person perked their head up and turned it to look at me, her black eyes widening “Y-Y/N?” Dolphi asked, which I smile to. “Y/N!” A voice screeched, then someone tackled me to the ground “Memoca!” I laughed, hugging the seagull girl “Oh I've missed you! It was so weird while you were gone! Oh, where were you!??” Memoca asked, question after question “Memoca, calm down!” Dolphi said worriedly, making Memoca scoff “Oh it's fine, Dolph.” she shook her head, crawling off of me. I giggled as I stood up, and I swear I could sea (Ay) Dolphi blush slightly “Eheh, I can see that you're are happy to see Y/N, Memoca.” Wadanohara grinned. “I've missed you, Y/N.” Dolphi said, bending down and offering a hand. I blushed and took her hand, then stood up, “You know, you look really different, and pretty.” I snickered, rubbing the back of my neck, “T-thank you. You look different as well.” Dolphi mumbled.

I sighed and turned to look at Wadanohara, but was cut off by Memoca yelling “Just kiss each other!” “Wait, wha- AH!?” Dolphi and I yelped before being pushed together. While we were pushed together, we ended up….. accidentally kissing “YES!” Memoca cheered behind us, “Eeek! Memoca!” Wadanohara exclaimed. My eyes widened as I quickly retreated from the kiss, both of Dolphi and I’s face a deep red. “I'll take care of her.” Fukami sighed, picking up Memoca with one of his tentacles, “Aw! Fukami, I was just playing!” She complained, letting her arms droop down, “I'm coming too, I'm going to explain to you how to not randomly shove people together.” Wadanohara muttered, shaking her head.

My face was in my hands as I just realized what happened ‘I kissed my best friend, and crush…!’ I mentally face palmed, trying my best to cool down “Y-Y-Y/N… I gotta tell you something..” Dolphi said, making my eyes widen, “I… I guess I have something to tell you too.” I sighed, removing my hands from my face. I looked at Dolphi to see her still blushing, “Y-you can tell me what you want first.” Dolphi said. I blushed more again and sighed before saying “Okay… Before I left, I wanted to tell you something that was important to me… That something was, that… That I, like… L-like like you.” I confessed, closing my eyes. I heard Dolphi gasp, making me whimper ‘She's going to reject me.’ I thought. “I...I like you too.” Dolphi replied, making me open my eyes and raise my head “You do..?” I asked, looking straight into her eyes “Yeah… My story isn't that different from yours… I was to shy to tell you, but when I wanted to, it's was too late….” she mumbled, holding her arm. I smiled brightly as I went up to her and hugged her tight “Well, I know how you feel now.” I giggled, making Dolphi blush “Yeah, you do…” she sighed, hugging back.

“Okay, we explained things to Memoca- AWWW!” We heard Wadanohara gasp. I glanced at her and saw Memoca giggling and jumping in place, and Fukami smiling slightly. I laughed and retreated from the hug “We're never going to hear the end of this.” I snickered, “Yeah.” Dolphi agreed, sweat dropping.

“YOU TWO ARE SO CUTE!!!”
____________________________________