28.0

Harry decided to go for a walk before getting home to Ed.

He figured it'd give him the time to think things through as he was so lost that he didn't know what to think.

How was he going to fix things with Louis? What was he going to say?

Of course Harry wasn't sleeping with Liam. He wasn't doing anything with Liam since they broke up. Why did Louis feel so threatened? Was he even feeling threatened? Maybe he just felt used and lied to?

Harry didn't know.

Of course what would make this whole situation easier would be if Harry knew what was wrong.

What was going through Louis' head? What was spinning those gears that caused him to walk out?

Harry sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair and looked out at the field.

He should be there. 

He should be out there in the sports world working as an athletic trainer. He should be on the field at any given time, not cooped up in some room teaching teenagers how to format their sentences. 

This wasn't the life for him. 

This wasn't what he wanted.

Yet from everything that he didn't want, he found something he needed. He found something he couldn't live without and would die trying to save. 

Louis. 

He'd do anything for that sweet, young boy. Hell, he'd probably jump off a cliff (as long as he had some sort of gear strapped to his back). Harry was so head over-heels for this kid and he didn't even know how to tell him or show him.

This always seemed to be hard for Harry. He knew he loved someone. He knew that he cared so deeply for them that it hurt at times. He knew but he couldn't tell. He kept it to himself and then that person would end up leaving. They'd end up going away because he 'didn't care' about the relationship.

What they didn't know is that he cared too much and that getting close meant that he would get hurt and Harry hated getting hurt. He hated being the one in pain and it almost seemed easier to be the one causing the pain than the one enduring it.

It was his way of making his love life a bit easier.

But Louis was a completely different story.

Louis wasn't an older guy who was more mature. He wasn't like anyone Harry had dated before. He was younger, more spontaneous, more ambitious, more everything. He was everything Harry was looking for.

Harry couldn't hurt him. He couldn't be the bad guy. Not this time around. If anyone was going to feel pain, it would be Harry, because there was no way on this Earth that Harry was going to put Louis through the type of pain he has gone through.

There was simply no way.

"Are you going to come home?" Ed spoke through the phone, interrupting Harry's thoughts as he stared off into the distance.

"Yeah, I'll be home soon. Don't worry about me," Harry replied. He hung up and continued to stare at Louis across the field, kicking ball after ball over the net or not far enough.

Now was his chance. 

Now was the time he'd be able to go over there and tell Louis the truth. He could run over there and fix everything. He could go and make things better and they could go back to making out on his desk. 

That's what Harry wanted to do and he knew that that was what he should have done.

But Harry shook his head slightly and turned the other way. 

Later. 

---

A.N. I hope you liked the chapter. I just want to say a quick thank you for all of your comments! They get me thinking of how I want the story and they really to aid me in choosing what I want to focus on. :) -M

PERSONAL-ISH QUESTION: What month were you born in? (I'm a November baby.)

STORY QUESTION: We learned of how much Harry cares for and loves Louis, but how much do you think Louis cares for Harry?