Claude Giroux

Y/N P.O.V

   "Michael," I whimpered. "I'm scared."

I tugged at the sleeve of my best friend, hoping to keep him from walking any further.

"I thought you wanted to meet the team." Michael said, obviously annoyed with my stubbornness.

Michael had been nice enough to bring me to the Philadelphia Flyers practice, to watch them scrimmage, as well as meet some of the players before-hand.

"I do! It's just.."

He raised his eyebrows, waiting for my response.

"I really like Claude. Like, I've had a school girl crush on him since I first saw him play hockey in the NHL."

He pursed his lips, in an attempt to restrain himself from laughing. This isn't funny..
I crossed my arms over my chest, and blew the hair our of my face, waiting for him to let out all his laughter. Finally, when he couldn't contain himself anymore, he clutched his stomach, and started laughing hysterically.

"Yup, go ahead. Just let it all out.."

When his laughter finally died down, he wiped the corners of his eyes with his index fingers.

"Oh god, this is too funny. You like Claude?"

"Is that so wrong?"

"No," He let out a giggle. "I don't know, I guess 'cause Claude and I are good friends, I find it funny that you like him. If that makes sense?"

I shook my head. "No, it doesn't. Then again, most of the things you say don't make sense."

"You know what, just for that, we're gonna go talk to Claude." He gripped both my shoulders, firmly pushing me towards where Claude was lacing his skates. I immediately started squirming in his grasp. "No! Please Michael. I'm begging you."

But anything I said went through one ear, and out the other.

"Hey Claude!" Michael shouted towards Claude, who then looked up. His perfect blonde curls framing his face, effortlessly. Oh god.. Why is he so good looking?

With every step we took, I realized I was really gonna have to talk to him. I probably look like a sweaty, nervous ape. Couldn't I at least look.. somewhat presentable?

"Hey, Del Zotto. Who's your friend?"
He said, obviously referring to me.

   "This is Y/N, a really good friend of mine, and a huge fan of yours."

I swear to god Del Zotto, if you embaress me in front of Claude, I will kill you.

"Hi," I finally build up the courage to speak. "I'm a huge fan. I love you." I widen my eyes at my choice of words. "Well, I don't love you.. I mean, I do love you, but not like that. I've only known you for like, 2 minutes. But I love you're player. Wait, not player as in fictional, 'cause you're obviously not fake. You're standing right in front of me, so.." I babble on, until I felt someone nudge my shoulder. I look to my right and see Michael giving me a look as if to say "Stop, you're embaressing yourself."

I look back at Claude, who gives me a slight smile.

"I'm so sorry. I babble when I'm nervous."
He laughed. "That's okay. No need to be nervous."

I then released a breath I didn't know I was holding. "Well, have a great practice."

"Thanks. I guess I'll see you when it ends."
-------

I'm such an idiot. I messed up everything. The one chance I had to make a good first impression on Claude Giroux, I talked about how he's a real person and not a fictional character. Way to go, Y/N. You sure didn't need Michael to embaress you, 'cause it seems like you could handle that all by yourself.

I was currently outside the locker rooms, waiting for Michael to come out. I finally heard the door handle click open. However, instead of revealing a Michael Del Zotto at the doorway, I was met with the deep sea, green eyes and blonde curls of Claude Giroux. Alright, relax. Try to engage in a normal conversation.

"Hey, uhm, great practice!"

He smiled his perfect, white teeth. "Thank you. Actually, I have nothing to do later. Do you, maybe, wanna get some coffee?"

I managed to suck in a few breaths, not wanting my lungs to collapse at the lack of air. Did he just ask me out? Alright, be cool.

I leaned my elbow onto the wall, hoping to seem relaxed. Instead, my elbow slipped and I stumbled over my own two feet. "Oh, uh. What did you have in mind?" I said, scratching the back of my neck. Heat started to pour into my cheeks, and I did my best to seem like I wasn't embarrassed. "I don't know. We could go to Starbucks? Or maybe Tim Hortons?" He suggested.

"Yeah, sure. I'd love to."

Suddenly, the door opened, and Michael was standing in the doorway. "Where are you guys going?"

We turned around, and Claude was the one to say, "For coffee."

He draped his arm over my shoulder, and I got shivers all over. Oh dear.

Before we could exit the arena, we heard the faint voice of Micheal behind us. "Hey, take care of my best friend. Got it, Giroux?"

Claude raised his first three fingers in the air, "Will do."

-------

A/N

sorry it took me forever to upload a story :/ I've been so pre-occupied and stressed with school starting next week. I haven't really payed attention to my stories. I'm sorry! But I promise if you guys request one, I will make sure to write it asap and make it as great as I possibly could! thanks <3 -S