Dragon God

September 1999Philippines

September 1999
Philippines

It was raining heavily that morning.... But the sun was shining bright.

"Sir, tapos na po." Said the man wearing thick glasses and bowed to a mascular rough looking guy wearing a nice suit under the umbrella. May katabi itong lalake na humahawak ng payong para sa kanya.

The man nodded. He was oozing with authority and power. Tumalikod ito at naglakad paalis saka sinabing..

"Make sure walang natira sa kanil----" the man stopped mid sentence.

"Hnnnnnng....nnnng. Mommy... Daddy... Nnnng..... Mommyyyyy.. Daddyyyyyy........ "

"What?...... " the boss turned and saw a kid that seem to look like five years old bathed in blood. At habang umiiyak ay bigla itong tumingin sa kanya...

And for a moment she stopped. Like she saw something pleasant... enough to make her stop crying.

The glasses guy moved and quickly pointed a gun to the child.

Nakasuot ang bata ng school uniform, nakapusod ang mahaba at brown na buhok. At basang basa na ng ulan at naliligo na sa dugo...... If it was her blood or her parents', or from the other bodies of the press that's already laid there dead, he didn't know nor care. He need to finish this quickly.

Mas mabuti nang maging mabilis ang lahat para sayo. Walang sakit. I will make sure you'll die a painless death, kid. The glasses guy was thinking.

Tumingin sa kanya ang bata nangangalumata na ito at nanginginig sa lamig... O takot? He gripped the gun. He only need to shoot her!... Shoot her! Shoot her...

.... Why? ..... I.... I...Can't do i----

"Leave it. Let's go." Biglang sabi ni Taiga, ang boss nila.

The glasses guy shockingly felt relieved and gripped his gun tightly. What the heck just happened? Did I, the great chief of the house of Yamaguchi-gumi, Kaide Figueroa, the right hand of the Komicho(yakuza leader) Taiga Yamaguchi, hesitated to kill a kid??

If the boss hadn't said anything, would he choose to shot the kid? Damn!

Pero bakit sya pinigilan ng boss?

Si Taiga na walang iniiwang bakas. He kills to gain power and fame and money. He kills likes it's just a walk in the park. He kills in a whim. Pero ngayon....

Gusto nyang iwan kong buhay ang batang ito?

The glasses guy hesitatedly walk away from the child. Sumigaw ito at sinabi sa lahat ng mga tauhan na maghanda na sa pag-alis.