A Soldier Of Fortune

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

Here is a new chapter of this book where we know more about the relationship between Loki and the reader.

Hope you enjoy.

Please leave a vote or a comment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The realm of dreams is maybe the worst place to hope for something. While love is giving the key to your own despair, it should have been a wonderful combination for happiness, yet Loki had managed to destroy these two items: dreams and love were now only a poor trail of ashes from the past.

The moment you touched the ground, Loki jumped from your back, landing like a graceful feline on the floor, taking in his surroundings with an acute eye.

« Ah, this place stayed as pure as I imagined. The face of a perfect realm,a perfect safe haven.» stated the god proudly while his blue eyes roamed freely the peaceful land.

You snickered, transforming back into your human form and crossed your arms on your chest.

« You and I have to talk if we want to work together.»

He spun around, a smirk playing on his lips, delighted by the turn of events and you could see the flicker of his pupils shine mischievously. The god knew this day would come and he was enjoying every second of it, his tricky side glowing with pride and a touch of regret.

Your history with the god was going to be an ordeal to hamper but you were willing to get over it for the sake of your heart. You had loved the innocent god of tricks for years, sharing your treasure and secrets with him but he had chosen power over love and this was his mistake. Now was the time to put this behind you and deal with him as if nothing had happened.

«I'm all ears, sweetheart. »

You took a deep breath, stepping closer to Loki. His alabaster skin was a pale contrast to your rosy colour, his icy eyes staring at you like the flashlights of a car at full speed. Your old feeling was dead, but why your heart hammered so strongly in your chest?

«No matter what happened, you and I are nothing more than acquaintances. »

His features didn't change at all, a bitter laugh escaping his lips.

« I remember everything, Y/N. The things you like, how much you craved for my touch, your strengths, your weaknesses. I know your heart and I know it still yearns for me. »

Pure anger fulfilled your veins, your eyes turning into the dangerous colour of red amber.

« My heart stopped beating for YOU the day you LEFT ! » you shouted, making him feel uneasy under your gaze.

He didn't like the warmth radiating from you, he could feel the fury emanating from your body and that's when he realised how much in trouble he was in.

« You were my first love, Loki, I loved you, truly. I didn't care if you were Asgardian, a frost giant or anything else. I loved you for you. We were happy. But you were broken from the start and tried by all means to be the son Odin wanted even if it means leaving this ''safe haven '' as you said, for good. You had a choice and there were consequences. Now deal with it. »

Burning tears streaked down your cheeks, soon turning into smoke as your body temperature heat up.

« You had a chance to be who you wanted to be and you missed it. »

The god stood motionless, processing your dreary words. His usual sliced hair back was a bit tousled at the end giving an enticing air and his eyes darkened at your words. You saw his jaw tensed, his eyes bearing pain and regret while his hand turned into a fist. A veil of emerald started to glow around him, challenging your fiery aura as well and you knew this argument could end in a fight. However, he had more tricks up his sleeves.