Nine

"Guess what you rats" Caity said, joining our table, "yours truly just got 5 tickets to the Ocean Ville Festival next weekend"

"Seriously?" I asked excited, "how? I thought it was sold out"

"My cousin bought them but her friends can't make it and her boyfriend broke up with her so she gave them to me" she replied, kicking her feet up on the table, looking smug, "I told her he was an ass"

"Ocean Ville Festival?" Ben questioned.

"Yeah its this really rad beach festival carnival kinda thing in the next town" I started, "there's live music, trendy food stalls food, games and all that cool stuff"

He nodded, thoughtfully.

"So you in Ben? I already talked to Cora and Reese" Caity asked, raising an eyebrow.

I looked at him with a hopeful smile.

"Uh...yeah sure" he replied nervously.

"Yeah!" I shouted punching my fist in the air, "this is going to be so great"

"Dean" Ben called for me after school.

"Hey man, what's up?" I smiled.

"Its about this festival" he said nervously, "I dont know if its a good idea for me to go with you guys"

"What? Why?" I questioned, frowning.

"Its just that...I feel like I'm intruding, you've all been best friends forever and I've only  known them for two months"

He had that look on his face like when we were kids, it broke my heart.

"Listen man, I understand why you feel like that but you really don't have to, they love you, if they didnt they'd tell you believe me" I said, "trust me, you're one of us now"

My hand was now on his shoulder, a soft smile on my lips matching his.

"Thanks Dean" he said, causing butterflies in my stomach.

I removed my hand and straightened my posture.

"So you need a ride home?"

After that conversation he was noticeably more comfortable around my friends, well, our friends.

And the next week we all piled into my stupid car and were headed to Ocean Ville.

Again this is really short, I'm hoping the next chapter will be longer though.

I feel like this is moving fast.
I have general plot points in mind but I need my boys to get closer first.
Comment some filler ideas!

Thank you all for your support, I'm at 900 reads!
-Penny