Five

He was sitting at a lunch table with some kids that I knew were in art club, most of them had colorful hair and a variety of piercings, like he did.

"Dude"

I turned to see all my friends staring at me, "you've been staring at him for way too long"

"No I haven't" I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Lunch hour is almost over, and we've been trying to get your attention for like, 10 minutes, its like you're in your own world" Caity said.

"Its just weird" I stated.

"What is?" Reese asked.

"He's just so...diffrent. He's not the scared little boy who I used to find crying in the bathroom" I replied, "dont get me wrong, Im happy for him, his childhood was terrible, but its still strange to think that he's the same person"

"I get that" Cora said, sipping her diet coke.

After lunch I was sitting in my Literature class, Ben a few seats in front of me.

He must've felt my stare because he turned around and smirked at me.

"Alright class, for your next project you'll need to partner up, then your going to decide on a poem together and write a full analysis, and please put an effort in, don't half ass it" Mr Gladstone explained, "you can chose your partners"

He sat back at his desk and pulled out his laptop, ignoring the class.

"Yo"

I looked away from Mr Gladstone to see Ben standing in front of my desk.

"Wanna partner up?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure" I replied smiling.

After school Caity and I were walking my car when Ben came walking up to us, a cigarette between his perfect teeth.

He handed me a piece of paper before walking off again, joining the kids he sat with at lunch.

I opened the paper and saw his number.

"This is the most cliche shit I've ever experienced" Caity said, chuckling.

"Donde esta mi nieto?" I heard as I entered my house, "Dean!¿Dónde estás? Saluda a tu abuela"

Before I could fully register what was happening I was pulled into a bear hug.

"Abuela, what are you doing here?" I asked asked the small woman in front of me.

"Im visiting of course, I needed a break from your abuelo, if I had to hear him complain one more time lo habría matado, lo juro" she joked.

"Well its good to see you abuela but I have a lot of homework to do" I excused myself, going to my room.

I flopped down on my bed with a sigh.

I loved my grandma, I really did, but its always anxiety provoking when she visits, due to her loud personality and her even louder voice.

As I lay on my bed staring at the glow in the dark stars, that have lost their glow ages ago, on my ceiling, I heard my phone chime in my pocket.

Unknown number:

We have to do Shakespeare
I know everyone is gonna
But idc
I love his work

I saved the number as Ben Pierce before relying.

Me:
Sure
Got anything in mind?

Ben Pierce:
'Sonnet 18' is my favorite
Read it?

Me:
I might have

Ben Pierce:
Its great
You wanna work on it tomorrow
My place?

Me:
Sure:)

~

Hi🖐

Thanks again for reading
My Instagram is (@) opzlr
Its new and I'm only using it for art but give it a follow if you like
Vote and comment your thoughts on this chapter
-penny💫