Eight

It had been two months since Ben started attending West Bridge High, and he was now a regular at my table.

I was currently in English class, sketching instead of listening to Mr Gladstone, he never cared though.

I felt a sharp sting on the back of my neck and turned around to see Ben holding an elastic band, looking bored.

He handed me a note that read: IM BOREDDDD

I chuckled to myself, then felt another sting.

"Dude seriously?" I whisper shouted, trying to sound annoyed though I was amused.

"Did you know that the name of the little flag thing on a Hersheys kiss is called a 'Nigglywiggly'?" He whispered back, straight faced.

It took me a second to register but when it did I burst out laughing shortly followed by Ben.

"Mr Hernandez! Mr Pierce!" Mr Gladstone scolded, "detention, both of you"

"Is it really called a 'Nigglywiggly'?" I questioned, as we walked to lunch.

"Yeah dude, I wouldn't make that shit up"

"Well you two look golly" Reese said.

"Yeah we just got detention" I replied.

"And you're... happy about that?" They questioned, to which I shrugged.

"Hey guys" Cora greeted, joining us.

We slipped into a comfortable silence, me messily eating nachos.

I could feel Ben's eyes on me so I faced him, and with my mouth full of cheese, asked, "what?"

"Dude you're a mess" he chuckled, "how did you even get cheese on your nose?"

He took a tissue out of his pocket and cleaned the cheese off my nose, "thanks man"

"Hey Ben" a kid with bright blue hair, who I knew as Damian Greene, called.

"Be right back" he excused himself.

I watched as he jogged up to Damian and fist bumped him, starting a conversation.

"What the hell dude" Reese questioned, grinning ear to ear.

"What?" I replied confused.

"Dude he obviously likes you" Cora added.

"Of course he does we're friends" I said.

"You are so oblivious" Cora said "I envy you"

I looked between the siblings confused.

"He has a crush on you, Dean" Reese explained.

"What? No he doesn't" I laughed.

"Are you seriously telling me you dont notice how he looks at you? Or the lingering touches?" Cora questioned.

I looked over to where Ben was talking to Damian, when he caught my eye he smiled, and my stomach did a flip.

Hi
Sorry this took so long
Vote and comment💕
-Penny