The Hospital Wing

Start from the beginning

And then, a furious roar echoed out from somewhere above them...

Madam Pomfrey looked around in alarm, "What was that?"

Angry voiced were growing louder and louder as Madam Pomfrey stared at the door. "They're going to wake everybody up! Honestly, don't they know what hour it is?"

y/n strained her ears to try and figure out what the voices were saying-

"He must have disapparated, Severus, we should have left somebody with him. When this gets out -"

"HE DIDN'T DISAPPERATE!" Snape roared, his voice almost clear, he was getting closer to the door, "YOU CAN'T DISAPPERATE OR APPERATE IN OR OUT OF THIS CASTLE! THIS - HAS - SOMETHING - TO - DO - WITH - POTTER!"

"Severus, be reasonable. Harry has been locked up -"

BAM.

The door to the hospital wing flew open and Snape, Fudge and Dumbledore came striding into the room. Dumbledore looked comically calm next to Fudge who was clearly angry, but Snape, he was beside himself. 

"OUT WITH IT POTTER!" he bellowed, "WHAT DID YOU DO?"

"Professor Snape!" Madam Pomfrey shrieked, "Control yourself, these are my patients!"

"Be reasonable, Snape," Fudge said, "The door was locked -"

"THEY HELPED HIM ESCAPE, I KNOW IT!" Snape howled pointing at Hermione, Harry and y/n, his face twisted with rage.

"Calm down man!" Fudge barked, "You're talking nonsense!"

"YOU DON'T KNOW POTTER" Snape continued his shrieking, "HE DID IT, I KNOW HE DID IT -"

"That will do, Severus," Dumbledore said, calm as ever, "Think about what you are saying. This door has been locked ever since I left the ward ten minutes ago. Madam Pomfrey, have these students left their beds?"

"Of course not!" said Madam Pomfrey, "I have been with them ever since you left!"

"Well there you have it, Severus," said Dumbledore calmly. "Unless you are suggesting that Harry, Hermione, and y/n can be in two places at once, I'm afraid I don't see any point in troubling them further."

Snape stood there, seething silently. He whirled around, robes flowing behind him, before storming out of the ward.

"That man seems severely unbalanced," said Fudge, "I'd keep an eye on him, if I were you, Dumbledore."

"Oh, he's not unbalanced," said Dumbledore quietly, "He's just suffered a severe disappointment."

"He's not the only one!" Fudge huffed, "The Daily Prophet's going to have a field day! We had Black cornered and slipped through our fingers yet again! All it needs now is for the story of that Hippogriffs' escape to get out, and I'll be a laughing stock! Well... I'd better go inform the Ministry..."

"And the dementors?" said Dumbledore, "They will be removed from the school, I trust?" 

"Oh, yes, they'll have to go." said Fudge, running his fingers anxiously through his hair, "Never dreamed they'd attempt to administer the kiss on innocent children... completely out of control... No, I'll have them packed off back to Azkaban tonight. Perhaps we should think about dragons at the school entrance..."

"Hagrid would like that," said Dumbledore, flashing a quick smile at the students behind him as he and Fudge left the ward. Madam Pomfrey hurried to the door and locked it once again. Muttering angrily to herself and she headed back to her office.

The room was quiet. Hermione, Harry, and y/n finally taking a victorious breath of relief, their shoulders slumped and smiles forming. Then, across the room, they saw Ron beginning to sit up, staring at the door that Dumbledore and Fudge had just left through. 

"What - What just happened?" 

Harry, Hermione and y/n looked at each other, smiles still on their tired faces. 

y/n spoke up, "So, who wants to explain?"

------)OOO(------

Another chapter out and we grow ever closer to the end. Thanks to all of you who have stuck with my series thus far. It means a lot to know that some of you are still reading every update since I first began this project. 

Have a good day loves 🖤

🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍